soggy possibly

ride, coffee, laze, bubblies

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

Moaning,

The wetness persists, cold - raining - miserable

CBA with anything at the moment ‘cept tea August bank holiday weather – depressing!

🙄

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Which Vietnam war film was that out of SG?

Poor Charlie. No persistent misery here yet*. It's sunnier oop Norf. 3 great days back to back.

Body clock completely out of kilter. Fell asleep at 3am.

Hextra hextra coffee...

*it's on it's way.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

^ this

Although less CBA than yesterday.

Currently checking news websites for fake news.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning all. Definitely a soggy CBA morning today. Day of doing very little on cards. May run later if I can be arrised.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Back to dreich. Coffee.....

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,614
    edited April 1

More CBA here. May nip into town later to get the screen on my tablet fixed, once we've walked the dogs. Will get the bike ready as I should get away with pedalling tomorrow without getting soaked.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Nice chilled walk and then a run.

gym soon and then ale avoidance as apparently I have to work tomorrow 😳

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

probably any, it became a standard tactic in the 60s

windycold ride, but dry so far

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Still sunny at present. Duck in the oven. Put bike on stand in readiness for cassette and chain replacement, before I realised I needed a special tool and chain whip. Cheap set ordered. Off to see Dune part 2 this evening.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Afternoon

Now back in the frozen north. Trying to get warm after a short ride with grandson who opted to come and spend his Easter holidays with us. He seems to have got bike keen again not having ridden since he was up here last summer. He can now ride with his hands in all positions on the drop handlebars and change gear. He even asked for his saddle to be raised.

Not sure what’s happening later other than watching the cycling.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Slow start to the day due to G&T. Bought some Thai art to bring home in a tube, visited pig island and got bit by one of its residents.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

That must be a shock - sit down and breathe deeply 😁

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Slowish start was followed by a bit of pottering. Alternating bright and grey most of the day. Went out for a little potter, but mainly lazy.

Tomorrow is going to be hard after 4 days off, can't imagine how TLW will feel 😂

• Stevo_666

Maybe Pinno and 'Loon can give him counselling? 😃

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Burning some wood. Turned off the storage heaters yesterday, thinking it's warm enough in the day when the sun's out. It is, but colder at night.

Rest of the week work from here with a long middle of day walk, though muddy as Ypres c.1917 as soon as you're off the higher ground.