mount disc rotor on new wheel

pep.fermi
pep.fermi Posts: 381

Hello,

my road wheel got damaged and I'm changing it. Front wheel.

Old wheel: Fulcrum Racing 600.

New Wheel: DT Swiss PT 1800.

Both wheels 100 x 12, both disc brake 160 centerlok.

Fact is, after removing the rotor from the old wheel (the rotor itself is actually very new, I had just replaced it) it goes beautifully on the new wheel, but the threaded ring to lock it just doesn't fit.

I briefly googled it, I have the impression that I need a little ring adaptor, something like this:

Shimano SM-HB20

Can someone please omment?

Thanks,

Alberto

Comments

• pep.fermi

Here photos of new wheel (above, I just put the rotor, but not yet fixed it), and old wheel (below, rotor removed).

Old wheel has female thread, that's why the little fixing nut that I removed (how the heck is it called?) had male thread. All good. But the new wheel has female thread, so the nut has got to be male.

Or am I getting something wrong here?

Thanks,

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,727

I think Fulcrum use a different system. The ones that come with the Shimano rotors (like the one you've pictured) should work with DT Swiss.

• pep.fermi

Thanks.

The rotor was installed by the LBS on my old Fulcrum wheel, just before I had an accident and damaged the wheel, which I now change from Fulcrum to DT Swiss. Could well be the rotor came with some locking ring, but right now the only ring I have is the one that was on the old Fulcrum, which doesn't fit the DT swiss thread......

Just ordered one ring online. It should fit. Well, I hope so....

• trevor.hall12
    trevor.hall12 Posts: 452

Fulcrum use the flat lockrings like the one you pictured above

• trevor.hall12
    trevor.hall12 Posts: 452
    edited April 3

• pep.fermi

Thanks but no.

The ring I pictured above is not flat. And it doesn't fit my Fulcrum wheel. But yes, the ring that I removed from my Fulcrum is flat, I will take a photo and post it.

Meanwhile I got the new ring last night (the non-flat ring pictured above), will try it on the new wheel, DT Swiss, later today, and report.

Thanks everyone.