saturday perfecting the pneumatic pineapple post

'ning

nippy, but may actually be dry

ride, cafes, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning and what a glorious morning it is so far. Bright dry and sunny. Got a day out with 2 of the younger grand kids and the middle daughter so should be fun. Family meal later sadly I'm the designated driver this time. Enjoy the wkend all.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Lovely here. Must make the most of it. Family descending later, though my brother seems to have managed to dip out of it. Off to the butcher soon to find something suitably ovine. Then a hilly stroll I think.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Bright and very breezy. Me cream crackered me. Will jump on the rollers.

Beans is snoring.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

A double hit of Mayo soon for brekkie. Devilled eggs, (one of my favs) potato salad lovingly prepared with, oil, cider vinegar, mustard (while hot) mixed with pickle, onion, chives, plenty of seasoning when cold. Assorted meats and trying some bratwurst which might be inedible 🤷‍♂️

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Slow start after a rather boozy night at some pals. Hounds walked, hot tub now warming up the legs for a 5k race soon.

few jobs and then off for a bbq, hopefully get to cycle there as the wife if taking the camper and picking up her mother

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,614

Nice day, so headed out for a pedal with a mate this afternoon. But for now, chilling with the hounds and supping coffee. May stick a couple of not worn very often watches up on Fleabay at some point as well.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

after a nippy start it really warmed up fast, needed to be shorts, jersey and gilet, rather than tights and jacket, toasty

skipped the cake as i seem to have acquired an extra kilo from somewhere, though tanita scales say it's meat not lard

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn

You need to move the scales around the room until the extra kilo disappears.

• Stevo_666

Weigh ins are usually best done after the first slash and dump of the day but before brekkie.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Good ride was had despite the wind. Felt strong. Bossed the tarmac. Bossed the road. Skipped the light fantastic over potholes and skimmed across ginourmous puddles in biblical fashion.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    edited March 30

12 Km ride around Bangkok finishing with a meal at the top of Iconsiam.

Had two linen shirts tailored and delivered to the hotel ready for tomorrow’s departure.

Great day out!

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

Up at mountain at stupid o clock this morning followed by shifting a few hundred plastic chairs for someone.

Should've had a nap this afternoon but didn't. I'll do that on Monday when the rain arrives.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199

Bright and sunny all afternoon. Yay! Such a great day to choose to start painting the inside of the reconfigured front entrance.

Confirms that weather is indeed decided by my choices: e.g. on Wednesday I took off my waterproof top, hung it nearby and within 10 seconds it started raining. As per Douglas Adams

"And as he drove on, the rainclouds dragged down the sky after him, for, though he did not know it, Rob McKenna was a Rain God. All he knew was that his working days were miserable and he had a succession of lousy holidays. All the clouds knew was that they loved him and wanted to be near him, to cherish him, and to water him.” 

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Traditional slow start was followed by mild pottering, successful repair of the jet wash was most satisfying. Then headed over to the old dear's to check everything is in order for her return next week. Saw my cousin that lives in Thailand and my senile aunt and uncle as well as the Syrian dentist. Pleasant wobble there and back in surprisingly bright conditions. I could get used to this sunshine lark.

Heading to some friends for drinks next 🍹🍸🍷

• beansnikpoh

Verry muddy walk in the spring sunshine. Visited the butcher for lamb, not realising that shoulders and legs would be sold out. I did get 2 rolled and stuffed lamb breasts, which look really good, and will be cooked low and slow tomorrow and served with sweetheart cabbage, carrots, leeks and dripping roast potatoes. I think Mrs B³ has also bought some instant yorkshire puddings which she'll expect me to cook.

• pinno

Lamb and Yorkshire puds. Funny mix.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Evening

A day doing very little down here in Wiltshire. Felt a bit fragile after last night, meal at country pile was very disappointing. Given what they were charging and the write up, the Ferraris in the car park the place was a touch low rent. We did say this to staff and were given a free round of drinks but given some of the food was lukewarm and we were waiting for 10 minutes for some courses to be served. They really need to give the chef and cleaning staff a kick up the arse and stop trying to fill the place by offering package cheap deals.

Daughter has just made home made pizza which beat last nights meal hands down however need to try and drink less wine tonight.

• seanoconn

I knew a guy who lived in Wiltshire, Barney Fernandez. Probably getting on a big now, how is he?

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

The only Barney I know was a mate of Fred’s. They were in to stone.

• beansnikpoh

I know. It seems yorkshire pudding just goes with all roast meat now. Not for me, but no sweat bunging the instant ones in the oven at the end. I make proper ones for beef.

• pinno
    edited March 30

Have you ever made the traditional one's as large as a small plate like a flan and you put all the veg, meat, spuds and gravy in it?

• Stevo_666

Did a decent 60k ride including a pub stop and a puncture (not mine). Weather was great. Chilling now after a large dinner.