Friday consuming bugs and fried shrimp heads

Arrived in sunnier climes, currently navigating a motorway to our hotel to hopefully drop luggage

Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,561

'ning

probably soggy

enjoy crunchy things hd

ride if it looks like i'll avoid a soaking, coffee, laze, bubbly, bubbly, bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,875

Few jobs to do, run needed, some clothes for new job need buying and a party later. Should be a giggle overall

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,378

Bonjour les hors-la-loi

Sunny bright!? 'Kin 'ell.

More hedge cutting. Then tinkering perhaps.

First; coffee.

Goats eyes for supper HD?

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod

windy, gloomy and soggy, the triplicity of tribulation

rode out, rained on, rinsed off

stroll time

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 126

Morning all. Today is supposed to be a 3 season type of day so might sneak out on the bike later. See what the OH,s planning first I suppose. Enjoyed a massive lie in without being disturbed for a change. Enjoy your breaks all.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,584

Decent lie as well, deserved after this weeks year end fun if I may say so myself. Currently planning the weekends pedalling, will try to walk hounds in a gap in the rain and maybe a trip into the metropolis of Sevenoaks for supplies, pretty sure wifey and junior are expecting chocolate.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

Probably best to have the beer first. Lots of it.

• pinno
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,430

Don’t forget the clocks go forward soon so we’ll get 1 hour less rain 👍

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,430

Headache, not drink related. Off to cinema soon to aggravate head. Cocktails later.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 126

Sheep's testicles are about as enticing as sheep's eyeballs, should be left to those that want them. Mate married a Chinese girl and some of the stuff on offer when they have garden parties is the stuff of horror shows. Luckily he works for a brewery so plenty of beer on offer.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 400

Afternoon

Wiltshire seems to have the same weather as Yorkshire. Drove through some horrendous storms last night and given the amount of water about now, might be time to build that ark. Been in to sunny Swindon this morning, it looks like it’s seen better days. Later is out to some country pile for a meal.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,337

Afternoon folks,

Slowish start was enjoyed, this was followed by some pottering. Been out shopping and bought lots of food and goodies. Amazing how much you can carry with a couple of panniers and a front rack. Steel frame gets rather flexy with all that weight though. Then popped into Kingston to pick up some albums and CDs from recent gigs. Picked up a new t-shirt whilst I was in there.

Quite windy out, but reasonably sunny most of the time at least.

Just finished a cup of rosie, do I carry on relaxing or go and do stuff?

• Stevo_666
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,032

Your guesses weren’t far off, we went to Rod Fai night market which was amazing in itself but mates daughters fried chicken was just feet. My pork and glass noodle soup was just bones.

They do sell beer though.

Mrs HD lost her phone, twice on separate occasions in two different taxis and had it returned both times. Very nice people here in Bangkok who wouldn’t accept reward for their good deed.

Got a back street bike tour booked for tomorrow and eyes on a top rated but very local street food shack.

Sunday morning early start for leg #2 flight to Koh Samui.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod

bubbly day/night with the ladies, intermission was a bottle of red with the beef, hic

dry out and wind has dropped, shirtsleeve stroll home