thursday declaring the pineapple republic

'ning

cloud/rain/bright/repeat

coffee, smidge of wfh, laze, bubbly outing

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,032

Currently at T1 lounge after the longest check in ever.

2 beers and a scooby snack deep so far.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,875

Enjoy HD, I need a holiday, spent two nights at home 😳

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,584

I'd almost count Easter as a holiday if the weather wasn't going to be so crap. Might have to take my chances on the bike in the next few days. Got plenty of work to be doing in the meantime.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,378

Morning gros plein de soupe

Windy wet and a tad chilly. Not much let up on the horizon either which is double meh.

More sh!t to sort I presume.

First: coffee.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 400

Morning

Busy sorting out what stuff to take with when we go to visit daughter dearest this weekend. I can’t decide whether to take my bike or not given the weather. I don’t think the cars big enough to fit all the clothing I might need.

Need to go in to town shortly which could be exciting given the state of my car. Then it’s the 4 hour plus drive to Wiltshire.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,564

Who the faaaark are you etc?

Just over a third through our road trip / holiday. So far so good, generally. Off tomorrow back down to Sydney for a few days. Beach stop on the way for an hour or two I hope,if the weather plays nice.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,561

bright gap in the rain, strolled out to get harrods easter teddy bears

now upstairs for a restorative bubbly and a few avocados on toast to annoy millennials, first sip sipped, mmm

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,698

'kin weather. Is this really springtime? 'kin depressing. I have loads of things, seasonal and part of The Project, to get done outside. But not in a sea of mud, ay thang yew. Ho hum, stop whingeing, move on...

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 126

Morning all. Grey earlier but sun's out at the minute. How long for god only knows. Work winding down for the break so getting quieter. Suspect early bail. Run again tonight then bike tomorrow.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666

You need to dish out advice like that in Cake Stop 😁

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,337

Afternoon folks,

Was supposed to drive the EPO in but she was in pain so didn't go in, I could have wobbled in but the forecast of rain and gusty winds meant I took the car. This means I won't arrive at a local hostelry doing a passable impression of a drowned rat.

Very much looking forward to a long weekend, I'm sure I will have a few jobs to do but I'm aiming for maximum relaxation.

I made the mistake of pointing out flawed thinking in Cake Stop, shouldn't have bothered.

Rain is battering the roof lights above the office to remind me why I drove.

Onwards and upwards...

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,032

Sat in Bahrain for four hours 🙄

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,561

boring airport isn't it

windy windy rainy rainy here

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Funeral done. Caught up with old old friends.

Weather terrible. Seems a bit clearer now.

Fire burning in the burner, night to myself before various family arrive tomorrow.

• Stevo_666

Finished for the week without too much trouble give its year end. Enjoying some tramp fuel and might grab a sauna later. Hopefully this wind will die down over the weekend as I need to get some pedalling in.