monday deciphered linear a tablet reveals minoan pineapple upside down cake recipe

'ning

mild, gap in rain

coffee, wfh, do stuff, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Up early for a the first pre work ride of the year. It’s getting lighter and the wet stuff is holding off for a few hours.

just having a brew then will be off out and then a generally busy day will follow no doubt.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Morning les ectoplasmes à roulettes

Bright indeed. Dunno how long this will last.

Run around, chores, stuff and nothing.

First: coffee.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double

That was cold and windy!

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,612

Yay, nice ride into work in the dry and pretty much daylight. Should be fairly warm on the ride back later. Powering through the day with coffee and Scotch Eggs.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

just had a surprise, the sound of a hefty spark <<<crack>>>

eventually discovered that a duracell alkaline aa battery, not connected, just sitting there, had decided to commit suicide, still sizzling, case burst open

now treating it to a soaking before disposal

stuff fails, maybe it got dropped, still got half a box of them, hmm

coffee time

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning all. Lovely dry and not to chilly ride into work this morning. Actually wore the bibshorts in for the first time this year. Weather down to be dry for a couple of days so be rude note to take advantage. #Sungod you sure there duracell, there's been alot of very convincing looking fakes about.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • homers_double

There is mention of a short holiday to Spain over Christmas this year to see MrsHD's sister. I mentioned taking a bike, can borrow a box and it'll be t-shirt weather.

Nothing was thrown out... 😎

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Christmas away from the black and drizzle is a no brainer.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Skiing, eating, drinking and repeat

• sungod

i did wonder, but they're duracell industrial from a 'known' supplier, first time it's happened

it's used one, a couple of days ago it got dropped (onto concrete), it'd just been waiting to go for recycling

went for a late ride, too much traffic/pedestrians, also some drizzle

more coffee

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

WFH on a Monday for a change as I had an apointment for another jab, shingles take 2 due to being special. Had a message saying I'm due a clood test 90 minutes before the appointment, submitted online request for it to be done at the same time as the jab and they answered immediately to say yes. Much easier than spending the entire intervening period on the phone. Unfortunately they'd been a little premature and I can't have the blood test until mid-April.

Boss is off so I'm rather busy fielding more questions than usual, thankfully his questions aren't normally quite as daft.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

Afternoon

Mondays chores completed then cleaned my bike before going for a ride. Bare legs for the first time this year, now watching the cycling.

• homers_double

No bare legs for me this morning at 6.15am, in fact the only warm bits of me for the majority of the ride were my feet.

Even my bargain £24 DHB Roubaix tights were letting in the chill.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198

Kicking heels aka browsing t'interweb waiting to collect da mowtah from it's service. 2 years in now, tick tock, time etc. Main dealer so not going to be cheap. Did have a wander round The Toon earlier while it was sunny. It's not any more. Where tf is spring?

• sungod

finally got around to swapping slightly creaky freehub for spare before the bearings disintegrate

then heroically tapped old bearings out and squished new ones in, it's good to have a spare ready

almost time for a port