saturday with baccarat cats

'ning

nippy start, but should be dry until later

ride cafes laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 297

Morning All. Definitely chilly this morning. Just contemplating loading bike onto car for local gravel ride. Seeing yesterday's route pictures it's going to be a dirty one. Catch you later.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004

Meh, was meant to be a chilled one last night but ended up rather large in the pub.

so need to finish walking hounds, pack and head to the airport. Restaurant booked for 8pm in French France.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853

Morning bashi bazouks

Yeah nippy. Might go pedal soon before the afternoon monsoon. I'm a poet and don't know it.

I'll tune in for the last 15k's of M-SR. Hoping it's blowing a hooley and chucking it down as it may make for a faintly interesting race.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,899

brrr, just about ok with warmers

early quiet roads offset by it apparently being stop in the middle of the road for a natter day

may just veg out to msr

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    edited March 16

Lie in done, trip the tip as the garage is getting full of crap. Then off to a local country pub for belated Mothers Day/Junior finishing her exams joint celebration of sorts. There's a nice looking streak on the menu as my reward for being the chauffeur.

Then a few jobs later and stick another couple of watches up for sale.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Why do you need a lie in? You don't do anything.

Half decent pedal though cold headwind that got stronger and then blew me home lickety split making my average look quite decent.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575

Afternoon folks,

Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now sorting a few bits out. Many menial tasks to be done, might go and clean the bike to give it a bit of love and understanding in the hope of maintaining peace. Rugby later, hopefully Italy will beat Wales today.

HD, reference the prepaid card question yesterday, I use a Revolut card when traveling. Decent exchange rate and the app works well. Can send a referral if you want, comes with a small kickback for both of us I think. Must admit I don't pay those emails much heed.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,535

Spot of work sorted this morning. Missus hang over and poorly after a night out with work, least I can watch Milan San Remo in peace.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 710

Afternoon

Slow start again this morning mainly due to having no power, second one this week. Went for a ride as it was nice and sunny, turned out to be quite chilly. Now lazing and watching the cycling.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036

Today's WTF? Spotted this drain grille thing just below the garden soil surface down the foot of The Slope. Just loose, no fixings, sitting over a 1m+ downpipe full of stinking gunge. Nice and safe eh? Assume connected to main house drain. De-gunged but not draining even post hose and fluebrush attack. Will need to explore pressure washer options, but drizzle started now so futures...

Who puts in an unprotected 1 metre plus deep, 5" hole in the ground?

Anyways, the interesting bits of M-SR approaching.

• Stevo_666

Being economically active can be quite tiring 😉

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166

I'm just having a look now, I've never bothered with these things so not sure exactly what I need/want.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Team47b aka Howard Aldridge passed away from Prostrate cancer.

Sad news.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,899

that's really sad :(

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004

Sad news :(

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 297

Sad news. RIP Team47b.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166

Thoughts are with the family and friends. RIP fellow cyclist.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 23

RIP Team 47b 😞

Gents, if you are not already doing so, get yourselves checked on a regular basis. Goes without saying that it's not a nice way to go.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,615

Ah crap, wondered how he was these days. I saw a couple of the Isettas in Sydney on and off, reminded me of 47b. Sad news

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,535
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי