friday come on down, the devil's in town

'ning

some gloom, maybe soggy later

coffee, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning SG. Day of doing nowt planned other than quick service of gravel bike for tomorrow's gravel ride. Luckily its not moist here so may even take mutt for an extra walk.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Last official day at current employer as I’ve taken next week as holiday. Decent send off in Chester last night, so now a hotel pig based breakfast and hand the laptop in.

lunch out and pack for France followed by the pub

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,611

So you're not having a rest in between jobs? πŸ™‚

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Half day today, off to do some virtual racing again this afternoon. Better get a bit or work done in the meantime...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Good luck with the new job Mr T.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

Shoot sleep and was wet outside when I got up this morning so no cycling today.

Now got a cock up to sort out.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Afternoon. Cycled in today as it was dry. Now it is definitely f'king NOT!!! Hope it dries up by 5pm. At least it is Friday.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    edited March 15

Site meeting and free coffee this morning, tail chasing for an hour and then off holiday shopping for a muscle vest and a small day rucksack amongst other things.

And randomly, as I've never really been arsed to care, is there a decent pre-pay debit card one can arrange at fairly short notice (< two weeks) for Thailand? Just to save on transaction fees but will take a load of cash too.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

i'd use curve rather than pre-pay

it's been around for years, probably the free plan is all you'd need, check the details vs. what you think you'd spend

https://curve.com/en-gb/plans

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Drove in the rain all the way to Stirling (where the pretty students in the cafΓ© were) in the rain and fog. Did stuff. Drove all the way back in the rain and fog.

Then just 17 miles from home this strange round astrological thing appeared out of some funny blue coloured clouds. Dunno what it is but it's rather bright.

Need to speak to Beans. I was welcomed this morning with his dish upside down and dry cat food spread all over the kitchen floor but he's not spilling the...

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

Afternoon

A slow start was had this morning before heading out to North Yorkshire so Mrs W could look at houses. Just looked from the outside as all 3 of them were empty and I thought there was a housing shortage. Stopped for lunch in Thornton Dale which I don’t recommend Mrs W left hers. Later will be wine as we picked supplies before returning to the now sunny East Riding.

• Stevo_666
    edited March 15

Good afternoon of viritual hooning.

Tried a Focus ST British Touring Car round Cadwell (brilliant fun) and a Praga R1 cup racer at Snetteron ('kin fast but a bit of a handful and a few big offs). My mate was not impressed when I 'accidentally' barged him off the track while going past him down the main straight at Cadwell πŸ˜‡