my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Still up but in a different time zone

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

Morning

The forecast doesn’t need to say it might be soggy as it is. Grim doesn’t even begin to describe it, I’m glad I braved it yesterday and went for a ride as there’s no chance today. I might go back to bed.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning. Watching young oxo being attentive to his mum and making her breakfast etc. Off to crufts shortly then family tea later, followed by drinks with both lads. Still looking dry here at the minute.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Wet wet wet.

Bike ride likely to be binned off. Forecast is rain all day even on the Paradise Peninsular.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Morning Danilith Nokere Koerses

Not grim here yet but it's definitely pending: "It's black over Bills mothers".

A few sums to do, some chores and some indoor pedalling seen as a) wevver ain't to hot innit and b) I was side tracked yesterday when the neighbour offered me some wood that had to be taken away yesterday or it 'was gone', carry it, split it, stack it. Frikkin cream crackered I was me ole' muckers. Sheesh.

Have a good noSunday.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,612

Managed to get the hounds walked before moist turned to wet. Now supping coffee and chilling before a spot of lunch and sorting some stuff out in the garage. Looks like tomorrow is back to moist, so will do the hybrid communt* tomorrow.

* Copyright tlw1

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198

Pants innit. Developing a dose of the snots and feeling feak and weeble. Erse. Been a miserable dreich day and the internal fortitude has copied. Catching up on the pro racing, hot soak to come, night cap, early night. GTF ya bugs ye.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Evening folks,

Rather British weather here as well. Didn't let that stop us, out for brunch with coffee, cocktails and polished off with a shot of Beirao. A liqueur with various herbs and spices, allegedly restorative. I'd asked one of the waiters what was in the shots another waiter was carrying and he said it must have been that, but the others looked like orange juice. Turns out that was supposed to be an immunity shot, so we skipped that and went with the Beirao. Then carried on our merry way towards the river stopping on occasion if anything piqued our interest or just for a bit of a break as the EPO can't walk too far. A short river cruise done we had another coffee and pastel de nata before a little more mooching. Now relaxing for a little while in the apartment before heading out for dinner. Homeward bound tomorrow.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

so what was the favourite port of the trip?

usually a good selection in the duty free...

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Food has been really good, wanted something lighter this evening so had a francesinhja? Something like that, a kind of sandwich with pork, sausage and ham covered in cheese then cooked with an egg on top and covered in a spicy sauce. Not much lighter, but really good simple food.

People have also been great, really friendly. Would definitely recommend it for a short break. Weather could have been better, but we're used to it so really not a problem.

There's a bus to the airport from right outside the apartment so will jump on that and hit the duty free on the way back 👍

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659

In my student days, I had a job in a half decent bottle shop. Got assigned to do some shelf tidying up and check price labels. Found two dusty bottles at the back, with no price anywhere, and not listed in the stock book.

Asked the manager what to do, was told to whack on a “clearance” tag of $10 each. That meant on staff discount I could have them for $7.50, so I bought both.

Was a Noval vintage, sherry port. Still the best I’ve ever had, and probably should have been 10x what I paid for it… 😀

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Bonjour les moujiks

There's some brightness over there. Won't last.

Today run around and then tinkering.

Coffee.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

pinno gets the day wrong

ws snaffles port

v68 has a portuguese improvement on the croque madame

and it's still only monday