sungod Posts: 16,899

'ning

nippy

coffee, wfh, bubbly lunch, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166

Another day at work, early finish, gym, hot tub.

might have a few beers along the way.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,535

Morning all. Happy Friday! Waiting for Stevo to go to work before popping in for a quick sauna. Tiny bit brrr this morning but long range forecast says sub zero nights might be over. Not that we really had a winter down sarf again. Much work avoidance beckons.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853

Morning Roompot Oranjebooms

Bit grey and meh. Some benign chores today after yesterday cleaning/tidying of dodgy tenant property. Filthy fucker.

Found out lots about him with some good detective work. He owes:

£1500+ to Scottish power, myself £2700 and counting (haven't realised the full total yet with cleaning/damage repair, skip hire, replacement carpets etc etc), previous tenant £1350, debt recovery - Moorcroft (Talktalk bill £380, Stirling park (council tax £970) but those agencies are nothing compared to 2 drug dealers he owes money to. And that's hopefully the guarantee he doesn't come back as I cannot go outdoor pedalling at the moment as long as that threat continues. Ho hum. I did not sign up to this.

Porker was booked in to for the MOT yesterday but had to be cancelled due to... leaking gearbox input shaft end seal. New one: £1.52 (I kid you not) but it means gearbox removal. That car has chucked every possible curveball at me.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 297

Morning all. Little chilly here but dry. Waiting for school run to finish then off out on the bike for a few hrs. Possibly even assist eldest with some DIY tasks. OH,s taxi service later then beer o'clock. Ashamed to say took advantage of Wiggle and got a dry robe for less than half normal price. Enjoy work folks.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Haha £1.52 in parts and the equivalent of £152 labour?

Sounds like my exhaust mount.

• thistle_
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 710

Morning

Chilly and somewhat breezy. Just had a quick tidy and clean of the house as the estate agent is coming round shortly to take pictures. Then off to York for a mooch and to see the consultant about my shoulder.

• pinno

I doubt that. It's probably 4hrs removal and 4 hrs back. It is a PITA of a job as the gearbox is at the back of the car and you need to remove all the linkages, mounts, torque tube bolts, drive shafts, exhaust system...

• oxoman

If it saves me freezing my butt off when changing after a ride or an event before I drive home I don't care. More importantly it hides the bits I don't want on show when changing in a carpark after a really wet / muddy run or ride.

• pinno

Wtf is a 'dryrobe' ?

• oxoman

Very long, very waterproof, very snuggly un / dressing gown that you can change in without offending people in public. Some people wear them to sports events instead of coats. I'd post an image but it won't let me.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,622

Morning. Breezy ride in. Quite chilly wind from the NE which is not what I want. Hopefully it'll make the ride home easier if it stays. Doubt it.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962

Had to queue for my turn last night as my two wanted first dibs in the sauna, even though its for 3 people.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Doesn't sound good Mr. P. You should hire Loon as a bodyguard.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036

Whoop whoop, finally got my apple trees, plus some dahlias, delivered via fellow volunteer gardener. Prepping them ahead of planting, in time for the growth season. They're juveniles, will I see some fruit this year? But they will attract pollinators into the vege / greenhouse garden.

Meanwhile joiners back in doing Stuff for the current phase of The Project. Getting there.

• Stevo_666

Had a very good sleep after 2x 5.45am starts on the trot, yesterday's bike communt, sauna session and and a dose of apple based recovery tonic. May pop out later and get a haircut, but currently enjoying the sub streaming into the cave for the first time in ages.

• thistle_

When did B&Q turn into eBay/Amazon Marketplace?

Sold & shipped by LoopsDirect

Available online only and not stocked in B&Q stores

• homers_double

Gym later now as something exciting has been finished and needs my attention.

It may appeal to a few on here so I might throw up a pic later.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,622

Breeze remained the same. WFH this afternoon so a welcome push by the stiff breeze brought my av speed to 18.5mph. Also did a 2nd fastest time on a segment I've never ridden. Must have been windy to blow the GPS that far.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575

Evening folks,

Made it to not so sunny Porto, really nice studio apartment Airbnb place that's reasonably central. Had a late lunch in a local bar, stayed for a couple after lunch as it was raining. Now relaxing with a complimentary bottle of red before heading out again. Been recommended a couple of good local restaurants by the barman. Your and tasting at Calem booked for tomorrow, thanks for the tips SG.

• homers_double

So we fancied a mountain wall art, hellish expensive and the wrong sized/proportions for where we wanted it.

so I made my own.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Friday!! Hurrah.

Mrs B³ back from the far west.

Not much planned this evening beyond watching Masters of the Air.

Normal weekend of walking and chores beckons.

• pinno
  • homers_double

Nah, lasers and stuff!

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Let's not our other halves on this important day...

• Stevo_666
  • pinno