friday ...liberty, the mob can neither take it nor keep it with any respect for moderation or law

'ning

back to nippy, but might be dry for a few hours

maybe a ride, cafes, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 297

Morning. Prepping for tomorrow's gravel ride which includes sorting roofbars out ect on new motor later. Bike needs a quick lube and hopefully ok. Apparently tomorrow's kit list suggests chunky tyres and possibly flotation devices, I take it from that it's gonna be damp in places. Still not 100% but I need to push myself out of the doldrums. Enjoy your wkends all.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536

Oi! I thought you were half dead on Thursday’s thread and now you’re going for a gravel ride! 😂

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Catastrophe this morning 😞

thought I put kettle on, didn’t, poured cold water in my coffee so had to heat it in the microwave. Now it’s too hot!

Why has God forsaken me! 😫

• seanoconn

It’s ok now, cooled down a bit

• seanoconn

No, it’s got skin 😫

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,857
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn

It’s ok, I fished it out with a spoon

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004

Ferkin cold in jock land

• pinno

Morning les bachi-bouzouks des Carpates

Bright. Nippy but bright. Slight breeze.

Beans brought me a live mouse to play with at 3.22an. It was quite a logistical nightmare and very noisy yet no one woke up.

[More Roman history SG?]

Stuff to do. First; coffee.

Laters.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,903

seemed appropriate given politicians' increasing rabble rousing

• Coffee then ride, hopefully dry day.

• pinno

Reminds me of Tortuous Conolvulus and the Roman senate.

"Get that pleb a seat"

"A plebiscite, what a good idea"

• pinno

In Jockland, the skin stops the midges from sinking.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,903

that's your punishment for polluting coffee with foul additives

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,622

Finally Dry. Finally rode in. Chilly though.

Dull day in the office pixel pushing.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,970

Morning Plebs and non-Plebs,

Good evening out in town, although my mate who had given blood in the afternoon found out why they advise you to take it easy and stay off the grog for a little while, after he passed out for a few seconds and whacked his head on the bar. We managed to pin him against the bar so he didn't end up on the floor then blagged a chair.

Busy day so far, dealing with a few annoyances on the work front. But not far to go now 'till Friday eve,

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575

Afternoon folks,

Busy day of WFH and fending off stupid remotely. Although it seems to come looking for me, had a DPD driver knock and ask me to take a parcel for our neighbour, no 31, I said yes and took the parcel. Saw it was for no 32 so called him back to say it's not for 31 and 32 is over the road and about 100 yards away. He looked puzzled and looked at his tablet thing. Asked if I'd take a parcel for no 27 then. I said yes and he went back to his van and came back with a parcel for no 31. This is the kind of excitement I miss when I go to the office.

Being at home also means I keep the EPO topped up with tea, coffee or gin as requested, stock up on brownie points before the weekend. Talking of brownies, got some very tasty ones to keep me going until we head to the pub later, should probably have some proper lunch too soon.

Onwards and upwards...

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 710

Afternoon.

Busy day as we had to go to Lincoln to pick the deeds for Mrs W parents house. Apparently it would take about 10 days to get them to one of the Hull offices. You walk it in less time than that. So then it was drop the deeds off at the estate agents and onwards to parents house to drop our vac off for the decorator as MiL’s vac had packed up. Then nip to Curry’s to buy a new vac however the one Mrs W wanted had £90 off but only if you had one to trade in. I just wonder how many people take their old vac with them when they going shopping for a new one.

So we bought one from Hansons instead.

Later is quiz night in the village hall which be the usual lesson in reminding how few facts I seem to remember. Still there’s a bar.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 297

I was didn't now which end was in action at one stage. Few tablets, no food and hey presto I'm OK. Plus I'm to tight to not go. Good news is i weigh a fare bit less now.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.