Chris Hoy has cancer

gweeds
gweeds Posts: 2,605

Just announced. Undergoing chemo. Only 47.

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160

Hope he recovers well, always seems a really decent bloke.

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391

Hope he is well on the way to beating the big C.

Sounds like he and his family didn't want to make it public, and had managed to keep it that way for some months, but as he says, his hand was forced.

I read that as some scumbag journo found out and threatened to go public.

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

Looks like he was trying to keep it private but some cockwomble tattled to the tabloids/media

• Lovely bloke and hugely supportive of the cycling culture in Edinburgh; used to see him at the bike breakfasts during the cycle to work week. Couldn't get over his thighs being about the same size as my waist.....at the time.

Hope he makes a good recovery.

================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605

I met him when we worked together once and went for a ride after. Such a bloody nice bloke and down to earth despite being a God in my eyes. As you say it looks like the fucking scumbag press were going to publish. Wankers.

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870

sh1tty tabloid 'hacks' though I can think of another word for them.

How do these rabid @rseholes sleep at night I wonder.

Hoy is an utter legend, and comes across as such a genuine person, I wish him all the luck in the world with beating it.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Hope it's been caught soon enough and he makes a full recovery from the treatment.

Honestly, how would you be able to sleep at night if you'd approached someone going through cancer and said "Listen, we know you're getting treatment so either go public and tell the world or we've got it as our back page headline tomorrow." Scum.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160

He should have said who it was that forced his hand, that he hasn't done so just reinforces his own decency. Not sure how any journo could argue public interest in running with the story without consent.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

It was probably that BBC douche-bag Dan Roan. He always had a hard-on about Chris Froome doping. Probably digging around for another non scoop.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.