'ning

slight breeze

coffee, wfh, get a bit more balmain in my life, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Balmain?

shoot sleep (tlw1 circa 2010) due to slight breeze last night. Feel like a holiday, January becoming monotonous.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Morning les loup-garou à la graisse de renoncule

Wind has dropped a bit after one helluva noisy night. Thankfully this has come after a dry spell. I suspect the carnage would have been massive after a soggy spell.

Portpatrick had gusts of 90mph and I wonder what the seafront looks like. Last big surge there was tons of gravel on the road and broken windows.

Coffee is a must...

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Mine wasn’t too shoot 😎 agree January has gone on too long now.

surprisingly no trees down in the local wood's.

work stuff with a run later

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

Another day in paradise.

Bridge is open again so no bumper to bumper traffic on the diversion route past mine.

Feeling like 💩 Might go for a run later before the next storm arrives.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605

Bit breezy last night, but made it into town no problem, just a few bits of fallen tree sticking out into the road as a reminder. Probably could have pedalled but forecast was saying the wind was going to stop just before I would have got on the bike and didn't trust it.

This week needs to go quickly as I'm off skiing on the weekend.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

Morning

Still blowing here, there’s a bit of damage in the garden. A few plant pots blow over but nothing serous. Might be a walk again as I’m still too snotty to even attempt the turbo never riding outside.

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

Moaning,

Bright and windy this morning

Bit too windy yesterday for a ride, so didn’t.  Did a beach walk Saturday though, that was tougher than expected, soft sand and a head wind, found a nice little beach-hut at Chapel that served a very nice ale.

Got a glaucoma appointment this saffto so not sure what to expect seeing as they said I won’t be able to drive afterwards. Que sera 🙄

Lots of spamarooney in here of late, the new forum needs some filtering setting up ⛔️

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

We didn't really see much wind but the garden waste bin had blown over as it's empty.

Had a good nights sleep and managed a session in the gym before work, lots to do now.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • One tree down and a few branches lying around, well above the Tweed so no flooding!

Chainsaw out when the rain eases off!

• Also seem to have low voltage electricity so heating pump not working, have to get the log burner going!

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Another day in the orifice, bit of a headwind wobbling in, but not too bad after last night. We didn't get it nearly as bad as others either. Quite a lot of debris on the paths in the park, but no really big bits of tree unlike the last one. The return to normal tyres wasn't as speedy as I'd hoped as a result, but no crackling noises keeping me company at least.

Took the old dear to have her glaucoma sorted with lasers on Saturday Mr Croker, we were in and out within a couple of hours and it wasn't painful or anything. Her vision was a bit blurry for a few hours afterwards but all fine the next day. All remarkably easy. Not sure what the numbers mean but the pressure in her eyes went from 17 & 19 to 9 & 10 when tested an hour after being done.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Afternoon all. Bit blowy last night but can't see any major damage in vicinity. Lucky.

Just back from Dentist. 4th time for same tooth, or is it 5x? Agreed Crown now needed. Patched up for now. Hopefully it'll last till end of Feb. Bah!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Bit of tree clearing done, then a power cut....glad we have a log burner and a camping stove!

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited January 22

Did a day in the home office. In the real one tomorrow.

Took mini to a new swim training thing up the hill at @seanoconn's old school this evening. Loads of football training going on too. All of the parents Polski.

• seanoconn
  • seanoconn

successfully plumbed new set of bathroom taps with minor leakage. Bike nut debacle well behind me.

• veronese68

Bike nut debacle well? Is that the well you lost your nuts down?

I hope that pools been done up since I was last there Hoppy, it was pretty grotty 40 years ago.

• seanoconn

It was pretty grotty 30 years ago. The highlight of the pool was when the fit maths teacher was doing a charity swim and the whole school turned up to watch her. Little perverts.

• veronese68

Which maths teacher was that? Must have been after I left.

The funniest one for little perverts was the day word went round the school that the girls from the Ursuline Convent would be fighting the girls from Richards Lodge High School for Girls on the common. A few girls from each appeared, along with the whole of Wimbledon College that had turned up to watch 🤣

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited January 23

Reminds me of the gorgeous Miss McE... who sometimes wore these 'silly' semi transparent track bottoms and one day when teaching swimming, I got in trouble for not getting out of the pool. I was making wigwams in my trunks.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn

Probably shouldn’t mention her by name. Had a relationship with one of the sixth form boys. Whilst he was still in the sixth form, naughty.

sister went to the Ursuline, first wife, slappers lodge. They didn’t get on 😂

• veronese68

I thought using the full names of the schools would make them sound more ladylike 🤣

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

What is it with fit Maths teachers?

We had one when I was about 12-13 and she was HOT. She used to wear thin Chiffon blouses and very lacy French bras and was quite ample in the busom dept. I got told off for staring and not concentrating my my Algebra. All I could think of was the % that I had!!!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Mini said it was still grotty, but I think that's because the tiles are green. Was all in quite a modern building though, next to some very new astroturf type pitches. Maybe not the same as in your time.