Colnago v3 options

chatlow
chatlow Posts: 845
edited January 12 in Road buying advice

Hi All,

Im between a 2021 Colnago v3 and 2023 v3, both 105 builds, but the newer model has integrated cabling where they enter through the stem and route down through the headset. Looks much nicer, plus it's 12 speed and 500 more than the older model Im looking at.

My dilemma is that I prefer the look of the older model colour scheme plus its a bit cheaper and I would be wanting to replace some of the group anyway with di2 or etap

Does anyone happen to know if you can hide the cables on the older model, similar to that of the new?

Thanks

Comments

• chatlow
    chatlow Posts: 845

Ok I've had confirmation that the older model's fork can't integrate the gear brake cables like the newer model can.

Think I need someone to knock sense into me and say i should go for the newer model for 500 more and get over the crap colour scheme

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,896

You should go for the newer model for 500 more and get over the crap colour scheme.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304

If you are looking for reasons to pick the older model with the colours you prefer then it's worth pointing out that cable integration at the bars/stem/headset can make usually straight forward maintenance or replacement of stem/bars etc a lot more complicated and time consuming.