Monday comes too soon

Morning folks,

It's still dark out, feels cold, why am I awake?

Driving the EPO to the hospital shortly to have an ablation. Supposedly minor heart operation to control dodgy rhythms, hopefully all will be well after and no more issues with that.

Have a good day everyone

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,692

So much for the forecast snow that was due to fall overnight. On the train into town, let's see how many others have 'realised' that the tubes are running.

Good luck to the EPO V68, I had to look up what ablation was...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,446
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • seanoconn

Brrrr, more like winter this morning. Erecting dart board later. Hopefully kids are old enough now to be trusted not make too many holes in wall, floor, ceiling, windows etc. roll on home time.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    edited January 8

hazy start after nipping in the pub after a morning run with pals ended up being an all day special - was fun.

work snizzle with a run later and maybe rollers in the day for a bit

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883

Good luck EPO

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,446

Good luck to V's EPO. Hope all goes well.

First cycle commute since early Nov!! Feck me I'm a lardy, tubby-arsed sack of unfitness! Hard going. Fffffreezing plus some sketchy ice patches were the salt was washed away.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,428

@veronese68 : I presume it's all done by laser these days rather than a blow torch?

It's so frosty here it's looks like it's been snowing. Shopping and then tackle the last of the tree stumps... Actually, last of the one's I am doing this year (there's 1 left). Shifted the midden yesterday. Felt very Wurzel. Overdid the ABS sesh. Very thore in the middle area so I guess it's working or it's early onset of the squits.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,357

They go up an artery from the thigh to zap the connection between two chambers of the heart, after a bit of prodding to make sure they've got the right bit.

Minor heart surgery sounds like a contradiction, but it's all under local and quite routine apparently.

I'm still rather preoccupied this morning though.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Echoing the best wishes for the EPO V68.

Looks wintry out there. Mini is schooling from home today as it's the open day, so I'm at home keeping an eye.

• Stevo_666

Heart surgery under local? ๐Ÿ˜ถ Think I'd ask them to knock me out...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,577
    edited January 8

'noon

nippygloomy, hint of snow, too warm to settle though

off for a stagger

hope all goes well v

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68

Just had a call from the EPO, all done, she just has to lie there for 4 hours to check all's well. Currently off her tits on morphine which probably helps.

Trying to snow here, or a few flakes blowing around the place at any rate.

• seanoconn

Good news V๐Ÿ‘

@Stevo_666 Nut arrived a day early! Yay!

doesnโ€™t fit! Boo. Called Canyon and the correct cap is on the way free shipping this time. So youโ€™ve got until at least the 15th to extend your lead ๐Ÿ˜•

• seanoconn

Does anyone want a Canyon nut? Unused, ยฃ9.95. ยฃ9.95 for delivery. Bargain.

• Stevo_666

I just need to update the 'Stevo mega cycling spreadsheet' but I think I'm a good 130km up now and going strong ๐Ÿ™‚

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

You're up on me Seano. I've done fuck all. I was going to cycle to the office this week, but the strikes were cancelled, and it's cold as hell, and I'm not sure where my gloves are.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 414

Evening

Been cold here but no snow or frost. Trying to keep out of the decorators way, couldnโ€™t face another cold ride so went for a walk. Itโ€™s also day one of trying to be a bit healthy lifestyle wise, so it will probably feel like a long evening.

• veronese68

EPO is home and safe, made her a nice cup of tea as first priority. Going to shirk from home tomorrow morning to keep an eye on her until female child is vertical. Need to drive in after that to go and collect the old dear from Thiefrow. Should be riding in for the rest of the week. Bought the studded tyres so they will be pressed into service. Supposed to bed them in for 40k before riding on snow, but don't think any snow will settle in these parts before then. Does your gaff have a white blanket Stevo?

That's bloody annoying Seano, that price for a nut it should come with a happy ending ๐Ÿ˜„

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,446

Evening all.

My 'dry January' has become a little moist ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68

Good, it's a bad idea as January is miserable enough without staying sober

• seanoconn

Thatโ€™s a week of commuting by bike, easy peasy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Stevo_666
    edited January 8

A light blanket V, but yep. Roads were clear but I stuck to the main roads as the lanes can be a bit iffy, especially the steep ones.

• Stevo_666
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

Evening all. Busy day, leadership group meeting dragged on for nearly two hours, had a haircut, dinner, cyberpunk 2077 for half an hour now.