Saturday let steeple bells be swungen

Up early, get some veg, which was missed off the delivery yesterday. Cook beef etc for family plus MiL. Try and fit in some exercise.

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089

It's dull and windy and wet again.

Roast beast for us on Christmas day.

Today I shall click up some roller miles and the total mileage this year will be the highest mileage since 1991 pre-Armageddon. However, with the poster on the wall in front of me, I shall be chasing Raquel Welch around southern France (Spain?!) and I shall bolt a hair dryer to the handlebars and put bricks under the front of the rollers for the long uphill drags for that VR effect.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

nippy but not gloomy

cafe stop for coffee and pastry

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605

Still not hungry after a massive steak dinner last night. Might need to go ride some of it off in a bit. Think we've got all the supplies for the next few days so hopefully no need to scrum down in town.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Another massive shop complete, wallet empty, fridge bursting at the seams. Quite complicated but it’s our Christmas Day today. Polish tradition is to have the blow out meal and present giving Christmas Eve, when the first star is visible (fucked if cloudy I guess) but as the kids are away tomorrow morning, it’s today.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Tidied up after last nights party, now chilling in the hot tub.

need to exercise and then out at a party later

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

Morning

Feeling pretty grotty, appear to be getting a cold. I thought I’d grown out of those, might go for a walk to see if that will clear my head a bit.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089

What happened to Webboo1 ?

@webboo

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Moaning, just

Dry but dull

Got a bit of a hangover after yesterday’s pub-crawl with some of the lads. I’m guessing I got the train home cos I found an uneaten Indian curry still in its bag in the hall. Must have put in down gone to the loo and then forgotten about it LOL I’ll warm it up later 😊

Not doing much now, just finished putting up the Christmas lights and realised I’m an extension lead short. More tea…

• Lovely day. Lunch out, for my mum's 90th. Long walk in the sunshine late afternoon.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    edited December 2023

Fighting man flu like webboo, past the nose streaming sneezing my head off phase but will be lucky if I can taste anything later

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Been doing a few bits and pieces this morning, had the excitement of a trip to the dump to get rid of a mattress and various other assorted bits of shit. Mercifully quiet, but still had to book a time slot. That was my first dump run of the year I then discovered.

Had to go and collect food the EPO had ordered last night. Went in, showed them the email reference, loaded it into my bags and left. Got home and she asks how it went, easy, I replied. Picked it up and left, no queue for the till she asks. I thought you'd paid for it online I replied. Whoops 🙄

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

When I was trying log back in I ended up in some sort of vortex and when I eventually got in I was Webboo2.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197

I'd been reading about retailers reporting increased shop lifting! Now we know who...

Pure keech weather again here, grey wet and windy. May the days start to lengthen.

Advance prep for Christmas meal completed. Time for a beer and catch up on the Antwerp cyclocross.

(Btw how to kill a forum eh. Take it down for ages then bring it back really awkward to access. I almost had to reappear webboo2 stylee as (non gender specific) orraquine.)

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

I did go back and pay. It's the most ridiculous system, you order it online, they check it off line by line as you load it into your bags. When finished they give you a voucher saying this is your £20 off voucher. No mention of payment, so I said thanks and left. I was going to go back and give them the order reference to pay from, but EPO said I had to go through the till. So every item has to be scanned again, then I used the £20 voucher which apparently was against the deposit already paid. So not a discount at all. What a carry on 🙄

Now wrapping presents, I've done 3 and I've had enough already, time for a brew I think 🍺