friday luxe, calme et volupté

'ning

forecast says bright start

early ride, cafes, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Meh, just got into bed and now up for a meeting on this weekends conference 🙄

Need to head home at some point. Later is either the HR Christmas party or local with friends
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    blue sky, soggy road, chunk of glass fortunately not big enough to pop conti sprinter

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    tlw1 said:

Meh, just got into bed and now up for a meeting on this weekends conference 🙄

Need to head home at some point. Later is either the HR Christmas party or local with friends

HR Christmas party? Run away! :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Had a little lie in as wfh and no meetings. Didn't get a reply back from the Kingdom of Far Far Away after firing off a couple of email Exocets yesterday afternoon, seems to have done the job. Currently in the cave using my new cheapo coffee maker.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Looking forward to weekend of feet up as when down I'm in a bit of pain.
    WFW today plus log collecting.
    MrsHD is at here running group Christmas do tonight so I've got the remote and a bottle of red to myself.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Great day for a delivery of firewood, been peeing it down. 2 hours of stacking, all 3 bays now filled, a bit of excess tarpaulined to keep off the rain, and now it's stopped... oh well.

Festive do this afternoon with the team of staff, trainees and volunteers, nom nom.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    [I expect more French painter references]

Sore, bloody sore. Could not get comfortable last night. Shivered uncontrollably and couldn't cough hard enough to clear the lurgy as every cough induced pain.
    Decided that the nausea was emanating from whatever I had eaten and decided to bring it up. Felt 100 times better but only got 3 hrs sleep. Lurgy + sore back + nausea; not a great combination.
    Crashed on the IKEA chair in a very comfortable position for 4 hours after dropping the DWS off.
    That was a straight 9 months with the back feeling stronger and stronger until I went to lift a basket of wood at a silly angle. Bollox.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Things at a very low ebb here as the MiL died this morning. We got a call at 6:00 from the care home to say she was pretty bad so rushed round there. So most of day has been contacting people to let them know. I did manage to put the outside Christmas lights before the forecasted afternoon deluge.
    I think later will alcohol at some point.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    webboo said:

Afternoon
    Things at a very low ebb here as the MiL died this morning. We got a call at 6:00 from the care home to say she was pretty bad so rushed round there. So most of day has been contacting people to let them know. I did manage to put the outside Christmas lights before the forecasted afternoon deluge.
    I think later will alcohol at some point.

Sad news webboo. Condolences to you and Mrs webboo.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Condolences to the webboo household, it’s never nice however unexpected
  • Stevo_666
    Sorry to hear that Webboo. RIP.
  • webboo
    Thanks
    She was a good a mother in law as I could of wished for. What the f@ck she thought when 39 years ago her daughter brought home this spikey bleached haired punk.
    She was a great grandmother to my daughter and a great great grandmother to my grandson.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Aye, condolences extended.

Feeling v well fed, or is that stuffed, after v good meal with the teams in the local Inn. Decided, as rain had eased a fraction, a v small % it turned out, to bail rather than bar post meal, try to get home without getting soaked totally.

A slump on sofa and digest slowly evening ahead.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Sorry to hear that webboo, although part of me is glad you can move on from waiting for the inevitable. I know how painful these things are.
    I've just got back from the work Christmas do so apologies if that's insensitive, I mean it in the best way possible.
    Not much to report here, went to the pissup, seemed to end up as the one herding cats as no other phucker would step up. How do these spineless tw@s get promoted to management if they don't even have the gumption to start a bloody tab?
  • Slightly late but condolences webboo, we went through the same several years ago with both my wifes parents. Support is essential as you will know through the first few weeks and then for the occasional random outburst in the time that follows. And that may well be for you as well.

In fact I almost caught a tear writing this.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    Thanks again for your thoughts.
    I’m currently having to sit and watch back to back Christmas movies without grinding my teeth.🥶
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    The things we do for love