edited December 2023 in The bottom bracket
'ning

looks like some more rain, just for a change

cafe stroll, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    krrtchmvrtz Back is sore. Try chiropractors.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Dry in London village for my run.

Just got to work out how to get home with cancelled trains 🙄
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Mrs W request for me to put up the outside Christmas lights is looking doubtful as it’s persisting it down here. Trip to the physio this morning to get shoulder assessed and hopefully they can do something as I don’t fancy starting next year with surgery.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    tlw1 said:

Dry in London village for my run.

Just got to work out how to get home with cancelled trains 🙄

No room at the Inn I’m afraid.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Speaking of backs. Two suspect moles to be removed from back tomorrow at the hospital. Few stitches required 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Speaking of backs. Two suspect moles to be removed from back tomorrow at the hospital. Few stitches required 😕
    I had one removed years ago.
    15 year old me, lying on my front, right arm dangling over the edge if the bed. A very attractive overly concerned nurse assuring me, pressed up against the dangling arm in a very private area. It was torture.
  • seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Good luck. I have a bunch of scars all over the place from that, so far nothing serious at least, which given my lifelong habit of outdoorsiness is something of a miracle.

Car in for service today, which meant a long drive to and from mechanic.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    edited December 2023
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Usual stuff and not raining here yet. No glass back or dodgy parts here, just the snots. Pinno you took me back 40yr with your experience. Try being told as a shy nieve 18 that you've got to be shaved for a pre-op and they send in a young student nurse to do it. I don't know who was redder me or her. Either way the op got cancelled as I got better by some miracle. Have seen the nurse many times since and we still laugh about it.
    Hope you all get better.

Ta.

You can imagine that having spent over 10 years going in and out of hospital, I found myself in some pretty undignifying situations but... none more so than before all of that. Summer 1990, I was racing and developed bad saddle sore. I went to see the GP and was referred to the practise nurse: a blonde, blue eyed stunner. Explained the situation and she said she would come back. I sat there all fidgety wondering whether it would be better to leg it than end up standing to attention.
    To my relief, a nurse looking like Mrs Trunchball came in with a pot of emollient. I was sent away with it after it was applied very liberally and in a manner which can only be described as 'brusque', contemptive even.

It doesn't end there. This stuff stank and they gave me these plastic underwear thingies. Every step or pedal stroke, it would rustle and after 2 hours of application, it stank.
    I was dossing at my mate house in the corner of the living room (between accommodation having finished my college course), early Sunday AM, my mates very short and over zealous mum got the hoover out and was shouting above the noise of the hoover [add strong Sussex accent] "I realise you have a bit of a problem but it's okay, i've booked you in to the STD clinic...". Everybody in the house heard.
    Apparently, I was in denial when I tried to explain it was simply saddle sore and the cream they gave me.

#pinno'sjackanorychapter372
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Afternoon - Pre Xmas busy-ness persists, a bit like the rain. Refuelling in between dealing with idiots, fortunately most have them have packed up for the day over in the Kingdom of Far Far Away. Will be having a cider tonight...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Some fairly stand out posts above...

Grey, wet, dismal outside and multiple admin things being done inside. Bored or what?
  • tlw1
    Eventually got on a train only to get invited to another black tie event tonight.

So now on a different train and need to buy another dress shirt
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Eventually got on a train only to get invited to another black tie event tonight.

What's wrong with overalls?!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

What's wrong with overalls?!
    They are hard work if you need a dump
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    just had an "i'm a gmc bod, where is dodgy" alert for uk: seems it's riddled with pertussis, especially london

almost time for cafe stroll, clearly need to watch out coughers, apply napalm to suppress
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    sungod said:

just had an "i'm a gmc bod, where is dodgy" alert for uk: seems it's riddled with pertussis, especially london

almost time for cafe stroll, clearly need to watch out coughers, apply napalm to suppress

I’ve left now 😂
  • pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

I had one removed years ago.
    15 year old me, lying on my front, right arm dangling over the edge if the bed. A very attractive overly concerned nurse assuring me, pressed up against the dangling arm in a very private area. It was torture.
    At least you were on your front...
    Advocate of disc brakes.