Garmin fitment front light…..?

Hi,

Anyone got any advice on a front light that has a garmin mount on it for easy attachment. Appreciate the garmin one does but can’t warrant the £179 prove tag. I have and edge and rear light Varia but hoping to get something bright for the front and nicely attached to the out front bracket.

Comments

• Raveman fr160?
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Yep, there's not many options to the best of my knowledge.

I'd be more inclined to get a Ravemen CR1000, flip the lens round, and get a Garmin mount with a go pro fitment underneath - assuming you want something to see by, rather than simply a 'see me' light.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Cheers for the replies chaps. I do already have the Ravemam FR160 but on a few occasions on the night time commute it doesn’t give the confidence drivers have seen me. Im assuming the 1000 would attaché to the garmin via a go pro attachment??
  • daniel_b
    Yes, you'd need a Garmin mount with a gopro mount underneath, you rotate the lens 180 degrees so the beam pattern/non blinding bit, is maintained.

If you go that route, there are other brands you could go for as well of course, I went for the 1000 as I have, and still do, good service from a PR1200 and a pair of PR1600s.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited December 2023
    I should have added you need to buy an additional go pro mount adapter thing for the Ravemen, only about £4, but it won't fit without it.

https://merlincycles.com/ravemen-aub01-upside-down-bracket-232643.html

Think Merlin are the cheapest for the light too currently, and always had good service from them personally.

I'd heartily agree with the worry about being seen on a night time commute.
    I run a generic flashing light, with a pair of PR1600s for this very reason.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

i have a set of exposure tracers and fitted the front under the Garmin out front mount.

there’s an exposure compatible somewhere online and this on Amazon…

TUSITA Quarter-turn to Friction... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BG4X55GM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Advocate of disc brakes.