sunday ...fornication, immodesty, luxury, witchcraft, drunkenness and revelling

'ning

cold, possibly slightly soggy icy soon

ride or cafe stroll, cake, hibernate, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Saw the thread title and thought tlw1 had started today's thread.

Snowed overnight and it's foggy. Not the winter wonderland it's been for the last few days.

Gym then up a mountain later if the weather isn't too bad.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Grey, damp and cloudy/misty on them thar North Downs. Got to rake a lot of leaves later and take them down the tip. May carry on writing Xmas cards in the meantime.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

Grey, damp and cloudy/misty on them thar North Downs. Got to rake a lot of leaves later and take them down the tip. May carry on writing Xmas cards in the meantime.

Do you have my current address Stevo? I didn’t get a card last year?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Do you have my current address Stevo? I didn’t get a card last year?
    Already sent it Seano o:)

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    A day of chores by the sound of it. Christmas tree and lights outside to go up, things to fix, shopping to get, dinner to cook and a bike to clean.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    A google of the thread title lead me down some weird paths.

'Galatians' from the New American Bible
    https://ordo-satanis.tripod.com/id10.html
    Gods of the Field - by Darryl Cooper
    https://www.angelfire.com/az3/synagogasatanae/four_mass.htm
    A true and factual account of the principal ritual of Satanic Worship - The Black Mass, a whole pdf for Sunday reading:
    https://www.angelfire.com/az3/synagogasatanae/MissaNiger.pdf
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    A couple of inches of wet snow here and the central heating playing up. Keeping a low profile as Mrs W is busy putting decorations.
    A session on the turbo beckons when I can drum some enthusiasm.
  • Wet snow here too, currently trying to invent christmas presents that I don't actually need.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    edited December 2023
    pinno said:

A google of the thread title lead me down some weird paths.

'Galatians' from the New American Bible
    https://ordo-satanis.tripod.com/id10.html
    Gods of the Field - by Darryl Cooper
    https://www.angelfire.com/az3/synagogasatanae/four_mass.htm
    A true and factual account of the principal ritual of Satanic Worship - The Black Mass, a whole pdf for Sunday reading:
    https://www.angelfire.com/az3/synagogasatanae/MissaNiger.pdf

it's a continuation of yesterday's, from soles of pointy shoes
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Not as cold as yesterday, but rather moist. Most of the chores were done yesterday so a bit more time to myself today.
    A couple of hours were spent helping a neighbour fix his bike shed, much straightening of metal, adjusting and swearing was needed.
    Security could have been improved by a few pence worth of washers, hence my thread on Asgard security. Worth doing B³, and anyone else with similar.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Meh, managed till 06.30, my liver currently hates me slightly more than the wife
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Meh, managed till 06.30, my liver currently hates me slightly more than the wife

That's a fair bit after today's thread started, surprised you didn't post earlier :)
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Not as cold as yesterday, but rather moist. Most of the chores were done yesterday so a bit more time to myself today.
    A couple of hours were spent helping a neighbour fix his bike shed, much straightening of metal, adjusting and swearing was needed.
    Security could have been improved by a few pence worth of washers, hence my thread on Asgard security. Worth doing B³, and anyone else with similar.

Cheers V. I'm going to get a ground anchor and a heavy chain as well I think, but will look at washering the lock shroud screws. I've heard a few stories of thieves lifting the lid a bit and going at the hasps through the gap that way. Mainly seems to be quieter streets that get done, whereas there's a bit of passing traffic on my road.

Dull day here, mini to optician, then rowing, and I have to get her from a party later. Mrs B³ to LHR to fly to Las Vegas for a work jolly. Of course she gets upgraded. 🙄
  • pinno
    edited December 2023
    5 hour stint in the garden.
    Kill your moss with Yoghurt @Stevo_666 . Yoghurt's acidic and the moss doesn't like it.
    Just smear it on liberally. Cheap and cheerful fix.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Kill your moss with Yoghurt @Stevo_666 . Yoghurt's acidic and the moss doesn't like it.

Not sure you realise how much yoghurt that would entail :o I was looking at using vinegar in water but need to make sure I don't end up with black vinegar ice....
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

That's a fair bit after today's thread started, surprised you didn't post earlier :)
    I may have left my phone in a pub
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

How many times gave you pulled that stunt?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Not sure you realise how much yoghurt that would entail :o I was looking at using vinegar in water but need to make sure I don't end up with black vinegar ice....
    Big tub of yogurt mixed with water will go a long way. The bacterial fermentation will get to work on the moss straight away. Do it on a dry day and the yogurt will practically dissolve the moss without the need for scraping/brushing. Bit surprised Pinno knows this low cost trick.
  • pinno
    edited December 2023
    Well, I don't know how it will 'dissolve', that's not the idea: it clings to the moss and stays (you know what it's like rinsing Yoghurt off plates?) rather then get rinsed away in a rain shower - especially on a drive with an incline.
    Find a Lidl or Aldi - about 30p for 500 ml of natural yoghurt and I think to not to dilute it.
    Give it 10 to 14 days and watch it all go brown.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited December 2023
    I did this on my paved garden last summer. I did 50:50 yoghurt and warm water, then brushed it over the slabs. Killed all the green algae and moss in 2 days. When it dried I just hosed it away.
  • Stevo_666
    Anyone tried the vinegar & water option? Seems to be what comes up most on Google searches (apart from the usual chemical options that you can buy).
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Anyone tried the vinegar & water option? Seems to be what comes up most on Google searches (apart from the usual chemical options that you can buy).

Yoghurt clings to the moss in a way vinegar doesn't. It's cheap too.
  • seanoconn
    edited December 2023
    pinno said:

Well, I don't know how it will 'dissolve', that's not the idea: it clings to the moss and stays (you know what it's like rinsing Yoghurt off plates?) rather then get rinsed away in a rain shower - especially on a drive with an incline.
    Find a Lidl or Aldi - about 30p for 500 ml of natural yoghurt and I think to not to dilute it.

Yes the yogurt clings to the moss but when the next heavy rain comes it washes everything away as the moss is ‘dissolved’ by the yogurt. Or if you have a hose, wash it away after a couple of days like beans. Using vinegar or other expensive moss treatments will turn the paths into skating rinks. The moss will still be there albeit dead, but slippery as f.uck.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

Yogurt works much faster than 10-14 days in my experience
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Was looking for my phone the morning after a beer festival in the local, that happened to be on my birthday. Daughter answered the door to the landlord who was returning my phone, and laughing at me 😂
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

I live in Jockland. Perhaps i'll try the 50:50 warm water dilution.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Well if Stevo gets a chance to Chuck some yogurt down and takes a before pic and then again after two days. We’ll soon see which one of us is talking bollox.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Well if Stevo gets a chance to Chuck some yogurt down and takes a before pic and then again after two days. We’ll soon see which one of us is talking bollox.
    Thing is, I don't know if the forecast is to rain a lot. If it's going to rain, don't dilute.
  • pinno
    I'll wager £20 to a charity of your/my choosing that straight Yoghurt does the trick.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Stevo_666 said:

I tried the vinegar on some brick paving we have, it didn’t do anything as just seemed to get washed away by the rain. I then used yogurt putting it on with a tooth brush, worked well on the bit I did.