saturday the works of the flesh are manifest, which are...

'ning

really rather brrr

ride if not icy, cafes, cakes, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    I'm now old and cold and settled in my ways, to paraphrase Joni Mitchell.

Less fancy lunch later, maybe turn pedals on the peleton, given the chill.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Cold walk with hounds, now a cold run and then off drinking for the day with a group of pals (one of them is getting his brother to open the pub early for us) 😎
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Happy birthday beans! 🎂🎂🎂🥳🥳🥳

You’re only as old as the woman you feel.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Most definitely 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶 cold this morning. Dropping OH off at work then local parkrun. Taking youngest grandson's to local Santa 🎅 Special train. Managed to get a place on Dirty Reiver again and a camping pitch, most places and pitches had gone by mid afternoon. Very popular event. Best get training again I suppose.

Well done with Rever 👍
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Not quite as brr. Lots of cloud. Who knows what that will bring. We're on the borderline between snow and rain. Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Not quite as brr. Lots of cloud. Who knows what that will bring. We're on the borderline between snow and rain. Meh.

Borderline
    Feels like I'm going to lose my mind
    You just keep on pushing my love
    Over the borderline
    Borderline
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Happy birthday!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Decent dump of the white stuff here, not the commercially high $ type stuff, 7-8cm / 3" for you old schoolers. Still snowing lightly. Do not foresee much outdoors activity today, bar clearing a path to the woodstore. Really should have lifted those carrots out of the raised bed before the frost and now snow... soup and stuff to be fettled.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, seems like good hibernating temperature but there are things to be done.
    Happy birthday B³
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    foggy sub-zero at the summit of london, mince pie, toast, pancakes, many coffees

no ice, but almost came a purler due to a burst water main removing a slab of road and hiding the gap under the water

will only take a few hours to warm up now, brrr
  • beansnikpoh
    orraloon said:

Decent dump of the white stuff here, not the commercially high $ type stuff, 7-8cm / 3" for you old schoolers. Still snowing lightly. Do not foresee much outdoors activity today, bar clearing a path to the woodstore. Really should have lifted those carrots out of the raised bed before the frost and now snow... soup and stuff to be fettled.

Doesn't the frost improve the carrots? Or so I read somewhere once.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Happy birthday B³, is it a milestone or was that/is that another year?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Social ride was cancelled due to possible ice in the lanes, so walked hounds instead and may go for a solo ride around town later. Bit of admin to in the meantime and will see if I can be arsed to write a few Christmas cards for those who still like to receive a hard copy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197

orraloon said:

Doesn't the frost improve the carrots? Or so I read somewhere once.
    You might be right. Broke through the frozen hard crust and gathered several, seemed fine when I was prepping the mixed vege soup.

Did a snow clear sesh, paths and drive inc The Slope. Reckon that ticks the exercise box for today 😉
  • Bought a new tree, fancying about with it this afternoon and down to mates new house for wine later
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

I entered my 6th decade today, so yes, a milestone.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Congrats and welcome to the club...must be time for this :)

https://youtu.be/AepyGm9Me6w?si=bNMwVEbac7ybmEAZ
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Minus 5 round so no cycling. Went to visit MiL who seems get confused probably as a result of the pain relief meds. Then bought a Christmas tree and now the house is full decorations waiting to put up.
    Did some climbing and lifted a few weights.
    Happy birthday B.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

Stevo_666 said:

happy birthday hoppy, have bubbly
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089

Stevo_666 said:

I never thought of it like that. F*ck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2023
    oxoman said:

Happy Birthday Beans. No snow here yet but plenty of lethal ice. Got 10 out of 10 from the grandson's. High light apart from Santa train was seeing a car in a funny position according to the sprogs.

My cheeks actually puckered up all the way down this hill on sheet ice. I was following 4x4s down handling it worse than me in my little hatchback. Very thankful for winter tyres today. PS I didn't take the pic.

Well done to whoever got their car up there.

Don't think 4wd would help them if they started sliding, so just as well you were following them and not the other way round...