Casting Rouvy on Chromecast

Hi all,
I'm a new user on rouvy running the android app on my Xiaomi Poco 3.
Phone screen is very small so I got a 32" TV and thought just stick a Chromecast into the TV and if be good to go, but alas, apparently not.
There's no cast option from the rouvy app so that doesn't work.
I tried the cast option from my phone's pull down menu but that won't work either.
Does anyone have any advice or know how to get this to work?
Cheers
D

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,155
    Not very well!

In MIUI you've got the inbuilt cast function from the drop down to mirror you screen which you can use, but when I've tried it's been too slow and laggy to give a good experience.

IMO you're better off using something like a PC or Apple TV connected with an HDMI. I used to use an Android TV box for a while, which worked OK, but they've made quite a lot of updates to the app since then so not sure it would work any more.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    I use this and works OK. From memory I think I use the Google Home app. I don't tend to download the routes in the higher resolutions - the one I go for is 720 or something like that.
  • mrb123 said:

I use this and works OK. From memory I think I use the Google Home app. I don't tend to download the routes in the higher resolutions - the one I go for is 720 or something like that.

So do you download the routes before you do them?
    Did that make a difference?
    Also I downloaded the Google home app but not sure what I'd use that for??
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623

mrb123 said:

So do you download the routes before you do them?
    Did that make a difference?
    Also I downloaded the Google home app but not sure what I'd use that for??
    Just Google "cast Android to Chrome cast" or something similar. I'm not particularly tech savvy but managed to get it working. Yes, downloading the routes definitely works better as you're not then relying on streaming.