tuesday uno avulso non deficit alter

'ning

nippybright forecast

cafe cake wfh laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Rinse and repeat today - into town for meetings, only today the trains on my usual are fubarred so having to take a different route. Tired so could do with coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning les garnement

Bright forecast here too. Shall over dress and pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Trip to dentist to hand over £400 and repeat next week. Parents evening later, yay
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Cold hybrid commute
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    First deployment of rock salt on The Slope. Mowtah safely descended, 2 vans incoming. It's gone 8am, where are ye?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Trip to dentist to hand over £400 and repeat next week. Parents evening later, yay

It would be cheaper to travel to Scotland and have this done.
    I'll put you up in a tent.

Then you can consider the Vodka first, cement or pliers option.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

First deployment of rock salt on The Slope.

Why did you ruin CD's only ski slope?!

• pinno
    Bloody hell, hurry up DWS.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Cold hybrid commute

You bought a Prius?!
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Tired...

How can you be tired, you don't actually do any proper work. Just pencil scribblings and a lot of talking.

• pinno
    Holy moly she's slow.
    Not even a teenager yet.
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

Holy moly she's slow.
    Not even a teenager yet.

Tweens beat teens for PITA phase, sez he from experience...
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Bright and cold here. Today will taking Mrs W car in for a service and waiting around for it to be sorted. It should being picked up from her work but as she won’t be there as she’s at the dentist. At least it will give chance to go in to Kevs bike shop to see where my chainset is.
  • orraloon
    'kin asbestos! Suppose common in a 50s build. Work around possible thankfully.
  • Morning visit from a local joinery bloke to quote on doing a couple of jobs I can't be @r$ed to do. Suspect it will be a little on the expensive side, but I may not care too much.

Afternoon visit from expert to discuss refurbishment/replacement of The Shed. It's looking pretty tired and shabby, time to consider doing something about it all. Suspect this will be on the OMG HOW MUCH? side of expensive, but will see.

Very little else, other than coffee for the day.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

It would be cheaper to travel to Scotland and have this done.
    I'll put you up in a tent.

Then you can consider the Vodka first, cement or pliers option.
    You hear a lot of horror stories about people travelling to third world counties for cut price medical and dental treatment.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Morning visit from a local joinery bloke to quote on doing a couple of jobs I can't be @r$ed to do. Suspect it will be a little on the expensive side, but I may not care too much.

Afternoon visit from expert to discuss refurbishment/replacement of The Shed. It's looking pretty tired and shabby, time to consider doing something about it all. Suspect this will be on the OMG HOW MUCH? side of expensive, but will see.

Something that can be seen from space must surely be a massive job to demolish?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Chilly sexy tights this morning. Lovely and bright though.

Seano's dental adventures remind me I must make an appointment to have all the muck chipped off my gnashers.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Tired...

How can you be tired, you don't actually do any proper work. Just pencil scribblings and a lot of talking.

It's good getting paid for not doing proper work - beats not getting paid for not doing proper work ;)
  • Stevo_666 said:

Morning visit from a local joinery bloke to quote on doing a couple of jobs I can't be @r$ed to do. Suspect it will be a little on the expensive side, but I may not care too much.

Actually, the advice was sensible, if possibly inconvenient for a while. He reckoned the best thing to do was advertise the old shed for sale - as is, where is - relatively cheaply and buyer has to dismantle and remove it. Apparently that is a pretty feasible option for a shed this big - farmers want them cheap for something, don't care so much about cosmetics etc.

Main issue is that this will involve emptying it out altogether... crikey that's a lot of effort. I was kinda hoping there'd be a solution which involved just stacking all the stuff in the middle and covering it with a tarp while shed gets rebuilt around it. Hmmm

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Actually, the advice was sensible, if possibly inconvenient for a while. He reckoned the best thing to do was advertise the old shed for sale - as is, where is - relatively cheaply and buyer has to dismantle and remove it. Apparently that is a pretty feasible option for a shed this big - farmers want them cheap for something, don't care so much about cosmetics etc.

Main issue is that this will involve emptying it out altogether... crikey that's a lot of effort. I was kinda hoping there'd be a solution which involved just stacking all the stuff in the middle and covering it with a tarp while shed gets rebuilt around it. Hmmm

I was going to say that you'll need to build a large new shed to store all the stuff that was in the old shed. 'Hotel California' applied to Tassie sheds :smiley:
  • Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I was going to say that you'll need to build a large new shed to store all the stuff that was in the old shed. 'Hotel California' applied to Tassie sheds :smiley:
    There's actually two sheds. Main one is about 18*10 metres, second is a double garage size about 7*7 metres, and there's also a covered annexe about 14*3 along the side. If we get really lucky, I could get the small one removed, and rebuilt as workshop/storage for all the stuff while the big one gets done, and then sort stuff out. But odds are slim that'll work I think...
  • WFH today, leg up resting and being looked after.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    back in the orifice after my 4 day weekend, found it hard to be motivated to get going. Pleasant, if cold, wobble in the sunshine. The park was quite pretty with a ground mist, couldn't see a damned thing when I looked behind me as there was a bright orange light low in the sky. Extra layer up top and neck warmer were pressed into service for the first time this winter.
    Hope the leg heals fast HD, good luck with works 'loon and Spinner.
  • pinno
    Never mind Florence and the Medici...

Started like this:000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 (oops, Beans) this:

...and then heavy sleet for the last 6 miles.
    Brutal. Epic though.
  • orraloon
    The techies have finally finished and left c. 1930 to drive for 2 hours home, with a 7am start tomorrow. I think their office peeps underestimated the size of this The Project task.

I'm feeling knackered, let alone them.

New world order in place. Hybrid ASHP system, lot of smart tech stuff used to control the system, learning curve time.

Time for a glass and an easy microwave batch of calories then lights out.