'ning

gloomier soggier

cafe stroll, extra cake, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    edited November 2023
    Wet start to the day. All day meeting beckons but I'm doing naff all in it apart from listening, so not too bad...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    [Yesterday; the Flashman papers and today, bible alteration. I dunno; the internal machinations of a pineapple head].
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning les naufrageur

Dark, cold, brr, proper winter.
    Admin.
    Attack tree stump
    Get wood burner together.
    Miss Sophie replies "The same procedure as every day, James.".
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Office, firefighting (metaphorical), no ridey due to wimpishness in the face of darkness and wetness. Ridey tomorrow.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Meh, still can’t shift this lurgy, tried with cider last night and it didn’t work 🙄
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

[Yesterday; the Flashman papers and today, bible alteration. I dunno; the internal machinations of a pineapple head].

as stamped on soles of my "flashman's spirit" pointy shoes, sadly long worn out, full text was...

lord flashman saith for rioting and drunkenness i rise again

you shall fulfil the lusts of the flesh

the works of the flesh are manifest, which are fornication, immodesty, luxury, witchcraft, drunkenness and revelling

my flesh is meat indeed

other shoes have different things on them, this was always my favourite
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    It’s well dreary here this morning. Just finishing my coffee before doing another set of exercises to try and sort out my shoulder. Later will be putting the shopping delivery away before a turbo session.
  • pinno
    edited November 2023
    sungod said:

pinno said:

as stamped on soles of my "flashman's spirit" pointy shoes, sadly long worn out, full text was...

lord flashman saith for rioting and drunkenness i rise again

you shall fulfil the lusts of the flesh

the works of the flesh are manifest, which are fornication, immodesty, luxury, witchcraft, drunkenness and revelling

my flesh is meat indeed

other shoes have different things on them, this was always my favourite
    Galatians 5:16

But I say, Walk by the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. ...

Betwixt George MacDonald Fraser and yourself and a pair of shoes: more cross overs than a trans convention.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    that 'not' takes all the fun out of things, flashman's way is just better
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Have Five Guys, proper trades these, working away on The Project. Water supply currently shut off, no toilet flush poss, how soon before it becomes Trainspotting style?

Making good progress on day 1 of the planned 2. 'kin nippy though, the woodburners will be firing up soon.
  • pinno
    edited November 2023
    Not much tree stump action. In fact, none whatsoever.
    More hanging a very heavy iron gate to a fence that had to be re-built and then left over post cut offs for mounting the hose reel [in the ground, after excavation and cement]. One thing after another...
    Back to it after this late lunch.

Have they amputated @homers_double 's leg yet?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Day off and attempting Christmas shopping, just had bratwurst and a weisse beer, still cold and wet out.

• Sexy! Back home now, I think they took a piece of my hamstring to mend me
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Have Five Guys, proper trades these, working away on The Project. Water supply currently shut off, no toilet flush poss, how soon before it becomes Trainspotting style?

Making good progress on day 1 of the planned 2. 'kin nippy though, the woodburners will be firing up soon.

You could burn the turds? Kill 2 birds with one stone.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Never had to ask someone to pay them £600 before
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

• tlw1 said:

This is because the organiser's want to be sure they have selected the Special Kind of Stupid applicants for the event.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Run by the 'We saw you coming' foundation? Still, suppose it shows there's still a healthy market for people who are happy to pay to have pain inflicted on them :o:)