saturday has iced up

'ning

bright start, really rather cold, yes indeed, brrr

ride, cafes, perhaps first mince pie of the season, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Orf to fancy Chelsea for a pal's surprise 50th lunch. Not much planned beyond that though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Yesterday's lurgy has turned into a full snot attack so didn't sleep too well. Plenty to do though, so will crack on in a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wet pretty much all day out there, more tomorrow forecast. Wasted the morning on random chores round the house, then out to lunch and the joy of grocery shopping. Trainer ride this afternoon, quite scenic along the Meuse and Samois rivers in the Ardennes.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Chilled start after celebrating eldest fake birthday and potentially getting garden leave.

Local park run done, never done it before, not a fast course, too many obstacles and exceptionally muddy and apparently they don’t wait for late comers 😂

Family stuff, fun bike and pub
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    tlw1 said:

Chilled start after celebrating eldest fake birthday and potentially getting garden leave.

Local park run done, never done it before, not a fast course, too many obstacles and exceptionally muddy and apparently they don’t wait for late comers 😂

Garden leave eh? I had 6 weeks of that back in 2018 and a year's salary to boot. I'd already got a new job too. Nice work if you can get it.
  • Put the outdoor christmas lights up as I'll be unable to do so after this weekend, plus it's dry so an easy job.
    Put the wood burner on as it's a tad nippy.
    Online x-mas shopping.
    Actual shopping.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

New job?!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

New job?!
    Hopefully 🤞
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

New job?!
    Hopefully 🤞
    Interesting...you've been at the current place for ages IIRC, so must be a good one.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Bit of slow start today but once the temperature has risen to dizzy heights of 4 degrees I went for a bike ride. A bit chilly in the wind but nice and sunny.
    Might watch some cyclocross while I await the return on Mrs W from wreath making.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

New job?!
    Hopefully 🤞
    Interesting...you've been at the current place for ages IIRC, so must be a good one.
    Beverage quality control.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Brr v chilly ride.
    Hands cold, feet cold, legs okay, arms okay, core warm.
    Now sipping recovery drink then shower, tidy the place up a bit, spark up the wood burner, graze and relax.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Sunny, bright but shade temp didn't get above 0C. Forgot my gloves when I wandered downtown, local producers market on this pm down by the lochside, I have breads and pies, mmm. Lovely Ukranian couple making the breads.

Same location as cyclocross event 6 days ago. The course is already greening back up.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    And that chicken mushroom sauce and haggis pie was luvverly. Shall I go full Gregg Wallace mode?

Aurora green glow seen, even with the big moon shine. 👍
  • Stevo_666
    Nice full moon here but the only green glow is my snot factory ramping up production to the max. May have try poisoning it.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

Nice full moon here but the only green glow is my snot factory ramping up production to the max. May have try poisoning it.

Vicks first Defence. Been using it for years and I seem to be bulletproof. Few puffs up the nostril at the first sign of a cold, does the trick.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Family trip to watch AFC Wimbledon win 4-2. Chilly but entertaining.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2023
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Vicks first Defence. Been using it for years and I seem to be bulletproof. Few puffs up the nostril at the first sign of a cold, does the trick.
    My folks used to give me Vicks Vaporub when I was a kid, seemed to clear the tubes quite well. Might give your top tip a shot if it doesn't shift soon, ta.
  • seanoconn
    edited November 2023
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

My folks used to give me Vicks Vaporub when I was a kid, seemed to clear the tubes quite well. Might give your top tip a shot if it doesn't shift soon, ta.
    Won’t cure a cold. If you don’t use it at the very first sign it’s not effective.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Won’t cure a cold. If you don’t use it at the very first sign it’s not effective.
    Too late then - already in full 'Neil in the Youngs Ones' snot phase.
    https://youtu.be/Abk7snxbefY?si=Lkzkxp4tvy0aXDsv
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

New job?!
    Hopefully 🤞
    26 years but many different iterations.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

New job?!
    Hopefully 🤞
    You're off to Euro car parts, lol.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Day of pottering with outside jobs as although it's cold the sun was shining. Finished fettling the back gate and washed a couple of bikes before a spot of maintenance.
    Hope all works out well with job and gardening leave TLW, lots of years in the company through various iterations sounds painfully familiar. Another iteration may be on the cards before too long I suspect.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

New job?!
    Hopefully 🤞
    :o
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

New job?!
    Hopefully 🤞
    He's the new boy
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

New job?!
    Hopefully 🤞
    He's the new boy
    So he's a bit like Gary in Men Behaving Badly? :smile:

• tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

New job?!
    Hopefully 🤞
    You just trying to work out what discount you can get?
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

New job?!
    Hopefully 🤞
    You just trying to work out what discount you can get?
    Too late. Everything is done now.
    Handy for Bee em's though.
  • pinno
    20+ post count alert @seanoconn