friday convolved with itself

'ning

nippy, but not yet freezing, forecast to get colder as the day goes on, winter finery at the ready

ride cafes wfh laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Meh, walk, run, work and then maybe gym followed by a meal for eldest rug rats early birthday (it’s the only night he is free 😂)
  • Moaning,

Looking dry wind is still here, hoping it’ll stay dry during daylight hours

Last day of WAFH today for this week, no chippy I’m afraid have to make do with made up stuff from Sainsburys

A few beers tonight and a game of darts to look forward to

• A day sat down, finally.
    Need to get prepped for the forthcoming week, no riding etc.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089

Moaning,

Looking dry wind is still here, hoping it’ll stay dry during daylight hours

Last day of WAFH today for this week, no chippy I’m afraid have to make do with made up stuff from Sainsburys

A few beers tonight and a game of darts to look forward to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqxXNZcIdwM
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Happy Friday.
    Work avoidance followed by moral support for wifey singing Christmas carols after work in New Malden. All welcome

@orraloon @pinno you’ve had fair warning and it’s right by the station so no excuses.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    edited November 2023
    Morning Cyranos à quatre pattes

Coffee. Wind has calmed down finally.
    I'll get out my cheeky chopper for more tree stump action.
    Had meeting with 'head office' last night and it's all go - Lego.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Happy Friday.
    Work avoidance followed by moral support for wifey singing Christmas carols after work in New Malden. All welcome

@orraloon @pinno you’ve had fair warning and it’s right by the station so no excuses.

Oh why? Do we have to? We do this every year. I want to go to my friends house. Can't we do something different like going to that car park in Dagenham?
  • pinno said:

Coffee. Wind has calmed down finally.

Personal ailments aside, have a nice day.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start before a day out on muddy bikes with a couple of mates.
    Sorry Seano, I'll be refuelling by that point with complex carbohydrates in liquid form.
    Enjoy playing with your chopper Piña. Reminds me of this track
    https://g.co/kgs/L6RpCu
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    drizzly at dawn, now brightening as the mercury plummets

extra cake will help stave off the cold
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Morning Peeps,

Woke early with a dose of the snotty lergy but nothing Covid-ey. Nipping out to see the consultant about the results of my recent PSA test - guessing all is OK as otherwise they would have called me before now. May grab a haircut on the way back if work doesn't intrude.

Later is lazing and blasting the lergy with gin.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    seanoconn said:

Happy Friday.

I'm at the station now.

But no goin' that way. So there.

Off to see eye consultant for the pre op assessment. Clear bright and sunny, so of course I'l be on trains, inside buildings various, won't get back before dark. Life innit.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Happy Friday.

Never knew she'd joined the Sally Army.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • First hint of summer today, with just enough breeze to keep things civilized. Mostly hacking about in the yard, trying to avoid major flesh wounds from cutting back a very thorny thing.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Happy Friday.

It's a simple equation for Seano: no moral support = no bonky bonky.
    Why 'Loon and I have to be complicit in this, I do not know.
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Happy Friday.

Don't be dragging me into that dodgy world, I thang yew.

Pre op assessed, fast tracked through, so on earlier departure southbound, all looking 🤔 good, procedure still a month away, bang in the festive seasonal dormancy period. Then I'm told to be on a do nothing month, just in case... going to be a long winter.
  • Whatcha having snipped off?

Hospital phoned me this morning to make sure I was still intending on showing my face on Monday.

I'm hoping for the lesser of the two options when I wake up but what will be will be.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon

Whatcha having snipped off?

Contributing to the voluntary members donation scheme.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Whatcha having snipped off?

Hospital phoned me this morning to make sure I was still intending on showing my face on Monday.

I'm hoping for the lesser of the two options when I wake up but what will be will be.

You live streaming it for our entertainment?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Happy Friday.

Maybe he's laying a trap for you and Loon, like that basement scene in Pulp Fiction?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Happy Friday.

Looking like no bonky for me as had to bail due to traffic and parking issues. I was on the high street for turning on the lights though and managed to see the Mayor/Father Christmas.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Happy Friday.

Maybe he's laying a trap for you and Loon, like that basement scene in Pulp Fiction?
    Well I do consider myself a younger, less senile Bruce Willis.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Happy Friday.

Do you have what hair you have left in the wrong places like Mr Willis. I.e on your back rather than your head.😉
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Happy Friday.

Do you have what hair you have left in the wrong places like Mr Willis. I.e on your back rather than your head.😉
    Back, @rse, nose, ears
  • webboo
    Is this Fridays thread.
    Anyhow out with Mrs W to take some stuff back to a shop, then went to buy some booze. Next a visit to see MiL who doesn’t look great but is pretty upbeat. Then to village church to help set up for tomorrow’s Christmas wreath making.
    On to the designer outlet for a bit of Christmas shopping and see if I could get a covert/ crombie overcoat which was a fail partly as Mrs W doesn’t like them.
    Ended up with a couple of pairs of Levi’s so not a total fail
  • pinno
    That's ^ no bloody good. I thought you were in Yorkshire?!

Is dis fridays thread. anyha art wi' mrs w ta tek um stuff back ta eur shop, then went ta buy um booze. next eur visit ta see mil whoa dunt skeg girt bur is pretty upbea'. then ta villidge church ta 'elp set up for tomorrow’s christmas wreyth makin. on teur t' designa ahtlet for eur bit o' christmas shoppin 'n see if ah could gerr eur covert/ crombie overcoa' which wor eur fail partly as mrs w dunt li' 'em. ended up wi' eur couple o' pairs o' levi’s sa not eur total fail.

Better. By 'eck.
  • webboo
    pinno said:

That's ^ no bloody good. I thought you were in Yorkshire?!

Is dis fridays thread. anyha art wi' mrs w ta tek um stuff back ta eur shop, then went ta buy um booze. next eur visit ta see mil whoa dunt skeg girt bur is pretty upbea'. then ta villidge church ta 'elp set up for tomorrow’s christmas wreyth makin. on teur t' designa ahtlet for eur bit o' christmas shoppin 'n see if ah could gerr eur covert/ crombie overcoa' which wor eur fail partly as mrs w dunt li' 'em. ended up wi' eur couple o' pairs o' levi’s sa not eur total fail.

Better. By 'eck.

That’s more Glasgow than East Yorkshire.
  • orraloon
    D'ye mean Glesca?