'ning

gloomynippy

ride/stroll, cafe, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning lépidoptère

Nippy and calm with some brightness on the horizon.
    Will go pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Meh, down the toll road so only a walk and no run this morning.

Might go to the gym later and run after dinner.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Into town for an all day tax conference with free food and coffee. Beats working.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Into town for an all day tax conference with free food and coffee. Beats working.

Doesn't beat living.
  • Breakfast on the balcony this morning for a change. Slow walk to get things moving before coffee, followed by some dithering about.

Long trainer ride this arvo for a few hours, through glorious French countryside. It's good to see all these places I'll never get to. Floriac and Carennac and a bunch of other lovely little towns along the Dordogne region.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Cracked tooth with set me back £850 for a crown. Bloody dentists, license to print money.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    In to town to get supplies that might keep my body working, seemed very buy for a Tuesday morning. Did some climbing and lifted a few weights. Might prepare this evenings meal in a bit.
    Dentists it’s not just that they charge you a fortune, they talk to you like you are 5 years old. “ Have you been cleaning you teeth for 3 minutes twice a day, are you eating sugary food and how much do you drink”. Ijust want to tell them to foock off and mind their own business.
    But when someone’s got access to a drill and sharp things.🥶
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    webboo said:

Afternoon
    In to town to get supplies that might keep my body working, seemed very buy for a Tuesday morning. Did some climbing and lifted a few weights. Might prepare this evenings meal in a bit.
    Dentists it’s not just that they charge you a fortune, they talk to you like you are 5 years old. “ Have you been cleaning you teeth for 3 minutes twice a day, are you eating sugary food and how much do you drink”. Ijust want to tell them to foock off and mind their own business.
    But when someone’s got access to a drill and sharp things.🥶

Bloody right. 10 page form I had to fill out felt very invasive.
    “Have you ever eaten a cake?”
    “Have been within 100m of someone smoking weed?”
    “Penis size?”
    “”Favourite sex position?”
    F*ck off you nosey b@stards!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Doesn't beat living.
    Meow, I think you're doing Beans out of a job ;)

Wasn't bad getting paid to listen to the likes of Rory Stewart, Alastair Campbell and Steven Bartlett.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, long meeting with our biggest supplier, thankfully with lunch. Op's director proved himself to be more of a spineless little prik than I thought he was by hiding in his office even though he was supposed to join, gave it all the billybigbollocks to us beforehand, then hid. It's been a couple of months since my last slanging match with him so another one may be due.
    tlw1 said:

Meh, down the toll road so only a walk and no run this morning.

Wouldn't it be quicker to drive?
  • veronese68
    Who'd have thunk there was once a cool place in Redcar 😳

• Stevo_666

Didn't know about that! Googled it and it folded in the early 70's so that's probably why. Apparently Cream and Pink Floyd played there in the day.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Didn't know about that! Googled it and it folded in the early 70's so that's probably why. Apparently Cream and Pink Floyd played there in the day.
    Yes, brother in law lent me the book, lots of big names played there by the looks of it.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Yes, brother in law lent me the book, lots of big names played there by the looks of it.
    You learn something every day...venue was the old Coatham Hotel on the sea front which also featured in the war film 'Atonement'. Film makers probably didn't have to do too much to that part of town to make it look like it had been bombed to s**t :smile:
  • webboo
    edited November 2023
    I went once was I was a nipper. I think we’d been to Whitby and some other places that day. All I can remember it was absolutely p!ssing down and there was b@gger all to see or do.
    Now Saltburn that’s quite nice other than the view North.
  • Been out on site all day, took the kids to football. Now doing some admin.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Now Saltburn that’s quite nice other than the view North.

Unless you like offshore wind farms.
  • webboo
    They are more attractive than Teeside steel works. Mind that might have gone since my last visit 🤣🤣
  • pinno

A bit like the Sundowners Club in Eastbourne (of all places). They hosted some really big bands and names such as Diana Ross and the Supremes.
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

They are more attractive than Teeside steel works. Mind that might have gone since my last visit 🤣🤣

They've made some improvements...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQz6PV_qBQc