saturday at the end of the world

'ning

soggy

cafe splosh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Run / breakfast / drink / meet mate from America and his daughter / drink / meet Irish ultra mate / drink / meet friends from uk / drink / drink and repeat
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Rather grim here. Not sure what day head holds due to feeling rather arthritic. So I will how I feel when I’ve guzzled a few painkillers.
  • Up early with a little WFH (ON A SATURDAY!!!) then not sure what else, probably some housework.

Currently grilling bacon and poaching some eggs.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    I received contact from the other side: Cleat Eastwood !!!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    pinno said:

Blast from the past - see if you can get him back on the forum and join in the fun with his old chums in Cake Stop :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Drizzly gloomy here, been to the shop already to stock up as junior arrives back from Uni shortly to rack up the food and heating bills for a week. Ordered a cheapo coffee machine for the cave as fancy a change from instant.

For now, sup coffee and stuff I bought from the Waitrose deli counter for now, followed by a hound walk when the weather clears.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Another manky day, with the forecast showing similar for....? An inside day, trainer sesh upcoming.

Slowly learning the ways of managing the power supply import / export with the new world batteries and PVs, the latter currently generating at a princely 180W 😎🧐, so able now to schedule low cost overnight import and if have a surplus a peak period export. Getting there.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Really? What’s he up to?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Grey wet gloom but mild. Trip to the local dump and just chipped a tooth eating some hazelnut chocolate while watching cyclocross. Looks like a third trip to the dentist in 25 years is on the cards 😕
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Yum. Korean bbq in SW London's "Little Korea" this evening.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    edited November 2023
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Really? What’s he up to?
    Despite my best efforts, this I couldn't clarify.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Really? What’s he up to?
    Despite my best efforts, this I couldn't clarify.
    Only been 10years, I’d give him another 10 if I were you, can’t rush these things.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Evening folks. Been a little busy doing family shizzle today. Hopefully my body will let me get back to normal riding and running again. Looking to sign up to push myself doing silly stuff whilst I still can, Dirty Reiver being one again then might try frontier 300 either 2024 or 25. Full Marathon coming up as well for next year. Mates from running group just done 75 miles in one hit OMG. Currently drinking Canadian cat 🐈 pee with young oxo whose trying to decide which watch he wants and watching blondie. Managed to talk him out of a hugo boss thing. See what he decides later.

What did he go for in the end? Hopefully avoided fashion watch tat like Hugo Boss.
  • Stevo_666
    I've just added one to the collection as a Christmas pressie to myself and waiting for Royal Snail to pull its finger out. Nothing pricey but definitely not a fashion watch.