tuesday in which i do seven impossible things before breakfast

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,128
edited November 2023 in The bottom bracket
'ning

looks like another glorious day, 25+ before dawn, maybe the calima, sadly i have a plane to catch, tempted to skip it and stay, but mrs s might kill me

i shall give you the sad history, with a happy ending, of the mad cactus, as recounted to me by the tabby during a convivial natter

timelessness ago, the cactus became trapped on a closed spacelike curve, unable to escape, aware but unaging, he tumbled through uncountable universes, experiencing their births and deaths, eventually losing his reason as it fragmented across the eternities of the void

the tabby, discovering his plight, took pity, being outside all universes, though they derive existence through entanglement* with her consciousness, she chose to place him on a timelike path intersecting our universe, which happens to be at the eastern approach to yaiza, just after the roundabout

today he stands there, surrounded by his adopted family, tended by the ayuntamiento, existing simply, aware only that he is, at last, happy in the warm sun, and always cheered by the greetings of passersby

always be good to the cactus

*this entanglement is the source of what are known as dark energy and dark matter, they evanesce from all other universes into ours, they are, but they are not, no human instrumentality can explain them, only the tabby
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning chapeliers fous et Alice

A good Jackanory Lewis.
    Good days start with a good story.

Today's day looks unsuitably drab and grey but at least that tempestuous woman has blown herself out.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    rather warm stroll to café, awaiting icy zumo
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Coming down like stair rods here and I need to walk half a mile to the post box.
  • I'm sat here in a high viz and toe capped boots, readying myself for a day of supervising on site.
    Gym gymed already and a nice protein shake to fill me up.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Had a surprisingly mild and dry pedal in (car thermometer was showing 12C at one point in the 'burbs) so was getting a bit warm in my hi viz jacket. Coffee and pork pie are the order of the day to get me through a few meetings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    well into the 30s now

just into the pleasantly cool lounge for tapas and the first bubbly of the day, chin chin
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Where is everyone?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Thought about going for a run earlier, took some painkillers in readiness, then changed my mind.

Living the dream.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    thistle_ said:

Where is everyone?

Good point. Hard to believe the missing forumites are working too hard to post.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Knock knock
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

Where is everyone?

You need to take up the slack thistle and post some bollox
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Evening all. Tooth fixed! Nothing to report.
    Oh, except for my massively high blood pressure. Just emailed my results to the Docs.
    I wonder what else will go wrong next?

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• seanoconn said:

Knock knock

Who's there?
  • sungod
    oxoman said:

.... I hope sungod freezes when gets back home, teasing us with 25 /30 degrees and sun. :s

just left gatwick, hawaiian shirt is fine, still need to lose heat from my high speed walk from the furthest pier, then zoom through baggage check with big rucksack on the back, small on the front, pushing my bikebox and overtaking slowcoaches

plus the warming effect of all the bubbly

probably will feel nippy tomorrow

need to book some hols
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Knock knock

Who's there?
    Yoda Lady
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    thistle_ said:

Where is everyone?

Chester
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Up early to fit in hounds, commute and early meeting.

Decent run with a pal and now chilling in the hot tub
  • Stupid motorway traffic, got home after a ten hour day on the most anal H&S site ever.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1 said:

Up early to fit in hounds, commute and early meeting.

Decent run with a pal and now chilling in the hot tub

This sounds somehow wrong… 🤔

Morning after already for me. Had a nice long walk yesterday, not much else achieved at all.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Knock knock

Who's there?
    Yoda Lady
    Yoda lady who?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno