'ning

sunnywarm

ride far, many cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Certainly not warm here first 0 degrees of the winter. Today will mending yesterdays punctured inner tube, how are come sodding farmers are allowed to cover the road in Hawthorn cuttings. Took me 20 minutes to prise the thorn out of the tyre.
    I will also be cleaning my bike, how come sodding farmers are allowed to cover the road in sh!t.
    I might do some exercise later if I’ve calmed down
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Morning. Wifey stormed downstairs last night to sleep on the sofa as I’d said she wasn’t good company yesterday (she was grumpy before bed and a leg over was looking unlikely) she woke me up at 4am as she got back in bed, which had it ups and downs. Going to Putney this morning, really should cycle but will wimp out due to forecast.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Mornin'

Did the dull stuff and collected the info needed for my tax return while Strifey is out and the hounds snooze. Puncture repair needed here also then if the forecast gap in the weather materialises will go for a quick ride, otherwise I'll have to wait for the Tuesday commute.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, bit weary after a couple of busy days. I quite enjoy walking, but the slow shuffle necessary at the NEC Friday and traipsing around Battersea yesterday really does me in. Lovely day yesterday though, really enjoyed it. First time I’ve been to Battersea Power Station since it’s been done up, they’ve done a good job when you consider it has to be financially viable. Rather busy as we didn’t realise a large march would be finishing near there when we arranged it 3 weeks ago.
    Decorating now, oh joy.
    Sorry about the MiL Oxo, difficult for your Mrs I’m sure.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    almost no breeze, which made for a nippy 18 at dawn, on the other hand i got from pb to the top of timanfaya in record time, early morning misty mountain with quiet and distinctly dewy roads as i headed down the dark side of the volcano and remembered to avoid the slippy white lines on the turn

stopped for a coke and doughnut blood sugar spike at the halfway point, nice hot climb then a bit of a slog the last few k as the wind decided to be a headwind

a pleasant 27-28 for the bask, large dinner due
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Had a bit of a household clear out and then filled it back up with new stuff.

Might watch a bit of TV later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Tidying up after the party took far too long, followed by Remembrance Sunday. Decent run, swim and a few pints at the club followed by the pub