thursday kick out the jams in the 56th year of zenta

'ning

wind possibly finally abating

ride, many cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    30th anniversary of my 21st today, too many meetings for such an important day.

Later is out in Liverpool to celebrate with the family.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,970
    Up in the pitch black again and managded to avoid setting of the hound alarm. Luckily it had stopped raining for when I hiked to the station.

Got a long call with the Kingdom of Far Far Away this morning which should be quite tedious. But on the plus side have beer and pub grub arranged with a mate after work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,857
    Stevo_666 said:

Up in the pitch black again and managded to avoid setting of the hound alarm. Luckily it had stopped raining for when I hiked to the station.

Switch the light on.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning concentré de moule à gaufres

Nippy, clear(ish). Less wind.

Not much on the cards today
    certainly no calls from far away
    no rides over barren rocks
    no itinerant tides to quell
    summer; long gone
    I shall not dwell
    the morro' i'll sing
    'one day closer to spring'.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,903
    wind not quite as lethal, calm forecast tomorrow

cafe dos
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Back in the workshop today showing these amateurs how it's really done.
    No wine tonight, need sleep.
    Maybe a beer though...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1 said:

Happy Mid Life Crisis.

Tired. Day of driving and assorted domestic chores.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536
    2 hours spent yesterday evening re-learning algebra to help child with homework. What’s the point of algebra!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

tlw1 said:

Happy Mid Life Crisis.
    Deffo. It’s high time he took up extreme sports likely to cause injury, splashed the cash on cars, bikes, mobile homes and started drinking more.
  • seanoconn said:

2 hours spent yesterday evening re-learning algebra to help child with homework. What’s the point of algebra!

Hahaha oddly enough I was trying to a bit of pythagoras theorem last night. All I can say is thank goodness for the tinternet B) on the mobile
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Hahaha oddly enough I was trying to a bit of pythagoras theorem last night. All I can say is thank goodness for the tinternet B) on the mobile
    Struggling on the last question, older sibling comes along, takes a snap of the question with a maths app on his phone, instant answer! No wonder his doing well with maths at school.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Kidz eh. Congrats to T.

An admin type day, it's showery wet outside. Got the indoor trainer back up and running after that stupid rip the power connector to pieces episode so a sesh beckons later.

Now got my leccy export tariff working so don't have to watch out for fully charged batteries so switch on a fan heater / immersion / whatevs rather than giving free energy to the grid. Next is to learn how to program the system to export at peak hours. Smart tech, not so smart human it seems...
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Happy cake day tlw!

Not much doing here. Making sure I have the stuff required for work trip to Dallas.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Hawaii +1 birthday - many happy returns old chap :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Happy Mid Life Crisis.
    Deffo. It’s high time he took up extreme sports likely to cause injury, splashed the cash on cars, bikes, mobile homes and started drinking more.
    Erm.... :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Afternoon folks,
    So TLW is now fifty something, the best way to express it is to claim you're a year off 50, technically correct and the implication is you're on the younger side. I don't think I can get away with that now that I'm 5 years off 50. Anyway, have a good day and I'll help with the cake eating for you.
    Usual day in the orifice for me, trying to get my Friday tasks done today as I'm up at the Classic Car Show tomorrow meeting a few suppliers and customers.
    I once tried to help the female child with some maths, I gave up and ran away.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    So TLW is now fifty something, the best way to express it is to claim you're a year off 50, technically correct and the implication is you're on the younger side. I don't think I can get away with that now that I'm 5 years off 50. Anyway, have a good day and I'll help with the cake eating for you.

That's nothing, I'm 17 years off 40 :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Happy Mid Life Crisis.
    That’s a great idea 😂
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Early start today as we had meeting at the hospital with the social worker in regard to the MiL. Who has plateaued in regard to her health so the hospital no longer want to provide end of life care as she might last months rather than days.
    So they want to discharge her in to a care home which would be self funding or send her home with care which she would have to pay for. So things are a bit sh!t at the moment. Mrs W then went of to work as she feels she needs be there, as the boss is being very supportive to the extent of offering to pay for MiL’s care😳
    I showed my support by going for a bike ride.😉
  • pinno
    webboo said:

...as the boss is being very supportive to the extent of offering to pay for MiL’s care😳

😳

• webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

...as the boss is being very supportive to the extent of offering to pay for MiL’s care😳

😳

That’s what you get for driving 20 miles to water his garden when he’s on holiday.
    Mind it was during works time and on fuel paid for by the company.🤣
  • beansnikpoh
    Seano is the whippersnapper I think, and Webboo is the granddaddy. Everyone else somewhere in between. There was yer man who shouted at trees, he was young.
  • webboo

Seano is the whippersnapper I think, and Webboo is the granddaddy. Everyone else somewhere in between. There was yer man who shouted at trees, he was young.

Grandpa if you don’t mind.
  • beansnikpoh
    webboo said:

Grandpa if you don’t mind.
    Sorry grandpa!
  • webboo
    😎😎😎
  • seanoconn

HD is surprisingly young (for a BBer) I think we’re similarly aged.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

HD is surprisingly young (for a BBer) I think we’re similarly aged.
    You're only as old as the woman you feel. As the saying goes.
  • Is 47 young? It's too young to have two grand kids...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn

Is 47 young? It's too young to have two grand kids...

If you constantly hang out with older people you’ll be forever a whippersnapper. Lack of grandkids makes me youngest regular by default.