warm etc.

ride cafes and lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning ivrognes

Nippy, brightish.

Will get emergency appt. with pegs bloke. Cannot DIY it, it's a molar. Bast'rd f*cking thing.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Meh
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Got a few hours off this morning, dropping hounds off at the dog walker for the day. Mrs. 666 is headed up to Liverpool for the day to go see junior and take her some stuff, so peace will reign soon. May work in the kitchen for a change of scenery.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Morning ivrognes

Nippy, brightish.

Will get emergency appt. with pegs bloke. Cannot DIY it, it's a molar. Bast'rd f*cking thing.

I’ll bring some pliers 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Cameron Mason-Esque cycle to work, sexy tights on for the first time, couldn’t be @rsed faffing about with leg warmers, thought it might be overkill but didn’t over heat.
  • seanoconn
    edited November 2023
    tlw1 said:

Meh

I’ll see your meh and raise you a blah
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Got a few hours off this morning, dropping hounds off at the dog walker for the day. Mrs. 666 is headed up to Liverpool for the day to go see junior and take her some stuff, so peace will reign soon. May work in the kitchen for a change of scenery.

Knock off early, put your feet up, find some sport to watch and order a takeaway 👍
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    It seems to raining and sunny at the same time here. Feeling a bit broken which I hope is just the side effects of covid jab rather than something else. They must be putting bigger and more powerful implants in the injections this year.
  • seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Knock off early, put your feet up, find some sport to watch and order a takeaway 👍
    Sounds good to me

It's a Barmy 8°C and it’s NOT raining! Heck wasen't expecting this

Do some WFH today (this morning) then maybe something else, need more tea right now…
  • seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning ivrognes

Nippy, brightish.

I’ll bring some pliers 👍
    What happened to the piece of string round the door handle trick?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Morning. Stinkyarsepants. Back still bad so had to drive. Traffic woeful. Walking from carpark to office more painful than I realised. Might knock it on the head after lunch and return to the land of heat packs and strong pain killers. Feck.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Tired today from all of the weekends exertion (not...).
    Swim session booked at 12, no doubt it'll be freezing.
    May also go the the gym later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning ivrognes

Nippy, brightish.

I’ll bring some pliers 👍
    Tried to pull the damn thing out yesterday but being the upper rear left molar, it was kind sore.
    Peg woman (?!) extracted it at 10ish. She was excellent.

Now my moush ish a bit shore and am dribblings shallot.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning ivrognes

Nippy, brightish.

I’ll bring some pliers 👍
    Tried to pull the damn thing out yesterday but being the upper rear left molar, it was kind sore.

I can empathise. Had root canal carnage last week on lower left molar. Just settling down now. It still might need to be removed at some point but determined to hang on to my tusks for as long as possible.

I hope you kept the offending peg? I've got all mine since I was a nipper!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

That's part of the plan, the only slight wrinkle is I have to get the hounds back later on. And collect the trouble n strife from the station.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning ivrognes

Nippy, brightish.

I’ll bring some pliers 👍

I can empathise. Had root canal carnage last week on lower left molar. Just settling down now. It still might need to be removed at some point but determined to hang on to my tusks for as long as possible.

I hope you kept the offending peg? I've got all mine since I was a nipper!
    Eeek!

No, It got ditched. Looked like something out of a horror story.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Back on the hamster wheel after what was far too short a weekend. They usually are it seems. Pleasant enough wobble in, if a tad fresh, at least it was sunny.
    My wisdom teeth were taken out with pliers under a local anaesthetic, for the last one he had a knee in the middle of my chest so he could pull harder! Almighty crunch when it let go. I didn't mention any of that to the female child until after hers were taken out. She was fully anaesthetised and had minimal pain after. I had cheeks a fat hamster would be proud of.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    End of an era: sold my ute / bakkie / rumblewagon. Bought it new in spring 2005, it served me well and totally reliably all through my time of being a pro landscaper / gardener. I must be well retired now then 🤔

Pleased it will get used rather than it just sitting around mostly doing nowt (a princely 200 miles between previous and recent MOT) and gradually degrading. Bye bye L200.

Bruv 'n' SIL gone heading back dahn saff. Time to pour a glass / put on the woodburner / catch up on what happened in the CX / early night 👍
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    oxoman said:

Afternoon folks,
    Back on the hamster wheel after what was far too short a weekend. They usually are it seems. Pleasant enough wobble in, if a tad fresh, at least it was sunny.
    My wisdom teeth were taken out with pliers under a local anaesthetic, for the last one he had a knee in the middle of my chest so he could pull harder! Almighty crunch when it let go. I didn't mention any of that to the female child until after hers were taken out. She was fully anaesthetised and had minimal pain after. I had cheeks a fat hamster would be proud of.
    Onwards and upwards...

Sounds like we have the same sadistic dentist, was his name Boris by any chance. My old dentist was built like an OX as he was ex Russian Army dentist, used to frighten me. The OH had a general at the local hospital and looked like she'd been battered by Tyson several times over.
    dentist once told me never get dental work done at a hospital: general, knee on the chest and hammer it out, if thing go wrong they can probably resuscitate, after all, it's a hospital
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    I went on my bike!! Very nice it was too. Purring after a new big ring, chain, cassette, cables, rebuilt rear brake lever, new hose to rear caliper, bled front and rear. It needed the tlc, and the jammed back brake was beyond my wit, so I gave all the other bits to the bike bloke to fit while he was fixing that brake. Now to keep at it.