saturday till the thousand years should be fulfilled

'ning

some weather

brekkie and last minute bits, get driven, check-in, flounge bubblies and hope i'm in time for the full english, many miles high bubblies, arrive, get driven, wave nightynight to the tabby, zzz
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Wrapping up warm before some more shower dodging on a section of the sw coast path.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    It's been a bit soggy of late.
    However, our sogginess has mainly happened in the night time and we've had 3 reasonably bright days in a row. Today is similar.

Throat no less sore. Was up at 6am gargling and imbibing and legal drug taking.
    Then went back to bed and crashed. Much annoyed.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Weather is foul so a lie in was the best course of action. Headed into town later for bits n bobs and a spot of lunch as we cba to cook. Looks like riding will have to be tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    managed to slip in a cafe stroll and a hasta la vista hug from the lovely proprietor, rain has eased to light drizzle

roads quiet
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    Currently sat in a waiting room at Specsavers whilst the EPO gets an infection checked out. Referral from the GP as another bit of the NHS has been farmed out. Going shoe shopping next, exciting life I lead. Will probably have coffee and cake next though.
    Have a good trip SG and a good weekend all.
  • sungod
    hic

fast journey, fast checkin, not fasting though, full englished, could have been a bit hotter, but health and safety probably forbids it, bubbly cold, started on the biccies, heading for >1000kcal
  • pinno
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197

Morning folks,
    Currently sat in a waiting room at Specsavers whilst the EPO gets an infection checked out. Referral from the GP as another bit of the NHS has been farmed out. Going shoe shopping next, exciting life I lead. Will probably have coffee and cake next though.

Good luck with that infection check Ms EPO, sez Mr Currently Still OneEye. Specsavers for an infection check? In these parts it would be get to the infirmary for the on call consultant, sez moi from experience. Have my clear out pre op reassessment in couple weeks, and looks like I get a Christmas week pressie of the vitrectomy.

Taking a breather from doing a house tidy, bruv and SIL arriving to stay over couple nights, seems I can be full Lionel M.

• sungod
    pinno said:
    i'm still waiting for "lego, when beans attacks", it'll be epic
  • sungod
    pinno said:
    i'm still waiting for "lego, when beans attacks", it'll be epic
  • Early start as the kids had football and we’re in charge today. Now back home, polished off a cheese and ham toastie and prepping a Sunday roast for a Saturday. Girls are all round later as they’ve run a half marathon morning.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    tempted to try the burger and chips, then i probably won't need to eat until monday

smidge of blue sky being replaced by rainygrey, looks like it's raining at the other end of the runway

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Started off fine, so I was roped in to hedge trimming at the front of the house. Managed to get it finished before the rain arrived.
    Might climb this afternoon if I can summon up the energy.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Enjoy SG

Slow start after staggering back from the pub in the early hours.

Gym session done 😳 followed by a swim and then cutting wood. Knackered

Out later with friends but hopefully fit a run in before
  • veronese68
    orraloon said:

Morning folks,

Good luck with that infection check Ms EPO, sez Mr Currently Still OneEye. Specsavers for an infection check? In these parts it would be get to the infirmary for the on call consultant, sez moi from experience.
    Previously would have been the eye clinic at the hospital, this way they checked her prescription and offered an eye test. Given the last time she went there they put the wrong lens in each side she declined saying that wasn't the problem.
    Given something for the eye and told to use a warm eye mask before application. See what happens.
  • beansnikpoh
    23 km along today, 880m elevation. 13 km and 500m yesterday. Lots of rain and wind, but a bit of sunshine. Bedraggled dog both days, she'll sleep well tonight, as will I. After a restorative pint, and I think some fish and chips for dinner.
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

tempted to try the burger and chips, then i probably won't need to eat until monday

smidge of blue sky being replaced by rainygrey, looks like it's raining at the other end of the runway

Have a great time sg. Restorative sunshine, though uv forecast doesn't get above M.
  • sungod

sungod said:

Have a great time sg. Restorative sunshine, though uv forecast doesn't get above M.
    yeah, but at least it's warm and not raining:)
  • veronese68
    Warm and not raining sounds good to me
  • pinno
    Warm sounds good to me.
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

sungod said:

yeah, but at least it's warm and not raining:)
    Yeah, don't rub it in!

• Late update as I was rather merry last night
    Advocate of disc brakes.