• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Very damp and muddy walk.

Off to offices to meet the new head honchoes

Gym session later 😳
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning jus de réglisse

Meh. Ill. Sorest throat ever. Take pills, take Shorty to school, back to bed.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Morning jus de réglisse

I’ll bring you some lucozade and pop to the local video shop, see what the latest VHS releases are. What do you fancy?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Glad I binned the bike this morning as the heavens opened on the way. Seems okish now though. Bloody wet.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Very wet and windy. I haven’t had a call to say todays rides off yet. So with it being not that cold but likely to p!ss it down decisions are needed on what to wear.
  • Wet here too, I now resigned to the fact that mid week rides are out of the window so am signing up for the LBS Zwift race on Thursday night.

I fully expect to come last unless someone else punctures.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning jus de réglisse

I’ll bring you a can of Dr Pepper and pop to the local video shop, see what the latest VHS releases are. What do you fancy?
    Hmm... Airplane or the box set of Police squad.

Ta.
  • pinno

I fully expect to come last unless someone else punctures.

That is wishful thinking.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning jus de réglisse

I’ll bring you a can of Dr Pepper and pop to the local video shop, see what the latest VHS releases are. What do you fancy?

Ta.
    Shirley you can’t be serious?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    No riding into town today due to the weather forecast but of course the trains were fubarr'd :/ Busy-ish day on the hamster wheel but bailing early.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning jus de réglisse

Ta.
    Shirley you can’t be serious?
    "look out: he has a knife... look out; he has a club... look out he has a signed Picasso... look out he has Herpes, he's got cold sores..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzZ8kWq8sec
  • pinno
    "My name is Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective Lieutenant, Police Squad. There'd been a recent wave of gorgeous fashion models found naked and unconscious in laundromats on the West Side. Unfortunately, I was assigned to investigate holdups of neighborhood credit unions. I was across town doing my laundry when I got the call on the double killing. It took me twenty minutes to get there. My boss was already on the scene."
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Managed to dodge showers on the wobble in, traffic was dreadful so glad I rode. It was precipitating as I was getting ready to leave so the overshoes and cap may have helped scare the rain off.
    Good beer and curry last night, we went to the finest Nepalese restaurant in Kingston again.
    Pub again tonight as it's Wednesday.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    definitely get the best spam email links from jlc...

https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/eu-en/news/watchmaking/reverso-tribute-enamel-hokusai

it's too cold and rainy, i've unilaterally declared sudden hols, just packed shiny bike, checking packing checklist

cafe stroll then look and see if i should do any wfh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn

Afternoon folks,
    Managed to dodge showers on the wobble in, traffic was dreadful so glad I rode. It was precipitating as I was getting ready to leave so the overshoes and cap may have helped scare the rain off.
    Good beer and curry last night, we went to the finest Nepalese restaurant in Kingston again.
    Pub again tonight as it's Wednesday.

Monty’s, rather nice. Although the in-laws weren’t impressed with their first experience of curry when we took them a couple of years ago.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Home day. Dull. Tomorrow is my Friday, as driving down to spend the weekend tramping over the moor with my brother and looking for mushrooms. Plus being there while a fella fits a new storage heater on the ground floor.

Booked flights to Dallas for a week on Saturday, slightly disconcerted by travel policy meaning I can't fly biz. A wee bit more leg room in premium cattle, but still, not ideal, especially on the homeward leg. I have Sunday in Dallas, so maybe will go and look at where JFK was shot.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    sungod said:

https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/eu-en/news/watchmaking/reverso-tribute-enamel-hokusai

it's too cold and rainy, i've unilaterally declared sudden hols, just packed shiny bike, checking packing checklist

Missed rickroll opportunity there SG.

Also looking at holidays but not Corfu this time.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    sungod said:

cafe stroll then look and see if i should do any wfh

Good decision that. Not much rain down there, and still mid 20's as ever. Might be a bit blowy at this end if you're flying out tomorrow a.m. though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    edited November 2023
    When the weather gets this crap it must be time to start looking at skiing hols for the coming season.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]