'ning

rather nippy, looks like the rain carries on and on and on and on

cafe stroll/splosh. wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning cloportes

Grey and very very wet. Doubt think it could get much greyer and wetter though Freyr and Thor might go out of their way to prove me wrong.
    A few bits to do and a few chores but not a lot else really.

Shorty got 2 stones in the house yesterday. Say 'Well done Shorty'.
    Beans is currently spooked by DWT's halloween outfit on a hangar.
    Pumpkins are out scaring off the locals.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Enforced drive in. Road works on every possible route, lots of traffic, grumpy.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

In your car, on the phone, stuck in traffic and posting on BR?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

In your car, on the phone, stuck in traffic and posting on BR?
    Nope, very sensible driver me.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Long walk for the hounds meant my run was in the rain 🙄

Nice moody pics though

Later is undecided, but probably not a swim as did nearly an hour last night and I’ve not got the upper body strength for it
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Got up early for a call with The Kingdom of Far Far Away who promptly cancelled so I'm getting revenge by rescheduling so they need to do the call evening their time.

Anyhow, they seem to be dropping like flies at my place. One bloke had a cardiac arrest the other day: another got bitten by some insect on holiday, got infected with something and got rushed into hospital when his kidneys stopped working. Both in ICU as I speak.

May go into Halloween Grinch mode tonight and turn the driveway lights off to deter visits from scrounging ankle biters >:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

May go into Halloween Grinch mode tonight and turn the driveway lights off to deter visits from scrounging ankle biters >:)

You miserable old goat.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

You miserable old goat.
    It's easy round here, if you decorate the house, and put out a lit jack o lantern, then you're fair game, if not, you don't get bothered. This year will be the first with nothing out, as mini is off to a party instead.
  • pinno
    I loved the little one's all dressed up knocking on the door. I would get them to tell me ghost/halloween jokes. If they were in the teenage bracket I would simply tell them that they were too old for this malarkey. We get no visits here in the sticks.
    Never had any bother but Stevo doesn't like children.

How do you make a ghost straight?

With a spirit level.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

goat.
    Typo?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'noon

Dry so far, probably wet again later.
    Car still alive.
    Not sure about the elderly neighbours though :/
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    A chilly but pleasant wobble in to work this morning, nobody tried to kill me. Presumably I wasn't seen by anybody that knows me then.
    I'm out to a pub later so shouldn't get bothered, as with B³ if nothing is put out we don't get bothered.
    Have to agree with Seano, loads of roadworks around. 3 miles from ours to the old dear's, a set of roadworks every mile.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Well grim here so a session on the turbo was had. Took old telly to the tip, then bike to shop to get chain set checked as it’s one of the dodgy ones. As I get a click at 11:00 on the non chain set side, it is going to Maidisons for a check. Clicks or other noises are possible sign of delaminating.
    Ended driving through a flooded road on the way home fortunately it wasn’t deep enough for me to end being one of those stupid sods who should know better.🥵
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    A'noon. WFW this morning. WFH this afternoon. With dentist visit in between to sort out filling from a few weeks back. Filling very close to nerve and causing irritation. Needs root canal. Had the option of a 'private' dental treatment for £800 or the NHS version! I opted for the latter. I can't feel my face and I don't recall having some chewing gum. I guess I'll find out soon what I've been chomping on.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    I've pulled some manky old satsumas out the bottom of the fridge to dish out in case one of the neighbours kids comes round as I can't tell them to fark off.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

I've pulled some manky old satsumas out the bottom of the fridge to dish out in case one of the neighbours kids comes round as I can't tell them to fark off.

You're going soft 😂
  • veronese68
    webboo said:

Took old telly to the tip, then bike to shop to get chain set checked as it’s one of the dodgy ones. As I get a click at 11:00 on the non chain set side, it is going to Maidisons for a check. Clicks or other noises are possible sign of delaminating.

I've only ever seen pictures of drive side coming apart, presumably no more likely one side or the other, but drive side looks more impressive in pictures for websites such as this.
  • seanoconn

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂
    Another floppy BBer
  • seanoconn

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂
    Ahh bless you Stevo, you do have a heart after all.

It’s black and un-beating, but it’s there.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂

I thought "Dish out" meant throwing it straight in their left eye like he's Shoaib Akhtar.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂
    :D

We had one lot of snot noses who braved the dark steep driveway. I offered them a manky satsuma and they said no, not surprising as they looked like they preferred sweets...

Then the 2 year old who was with her Mum at the bottom of the drive decided she wanted a satsuma so I gave her the whole lot. I'm generous like that :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂

I thought "Dish out" meant throwing it straight in their left eye like he's Shoaib Akhtar.
    I did consider a head shot.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂

I'll take that as a compliment Seano :smiley:
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂

You’re welcome 😃
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    mayfair swarming with ghosties, zombies and witches, older ones quite cute, mrs s had cash for the t or t waifs
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    Whilst walking to a pub and dodging ghosts and ghouls on the pavement i heard a couple of choice comments from kids:
    "Do I know you or are you just some random I can't recognise?"
    "Happy Chrisma... I mean halloween" whilst thanking someone for sweets.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂

You’re welcome 😃
    I have just the restaurant for you Seano :smile:
    https://bleedingheart.co.uk/french-restaurants/bistro/
  • seanoconn
    edited November 2023
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂

You’re welcome 😃
    £28 for a big of cod!? If you’re paying, it’s a date. I’ll wear my best frock, flutter my eyelashes and laugh at your jokes.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂

You’re welcome 😃
    £28 for a big of cod!? If you’re paying, it’s a date. I’ll wear my best frock, flutter my eyelashes and laugh at your jokes.
    Not sure I want to push the boat out for an Emily Howard lookylike :smile:
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You're going soft 😂

You’re welcome 😃
    You'll be the first.