'ning

not soggy

ride cafes wfh laze, contemplating sudden hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,419
    Morning crétins de l'Himalaya

Grey. A little bit of brightness over there.
    Chores and not a lot else.

Beans is awol.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,882
    Hounds walked, gentle run done and porridge with honey and ginger enjoyed.

Now work snizzle with later undecided
  • Back from sunny Spain and can confirm that Benidorm is indeed Gods waiting room.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,443

Back from sunny Spain and can confirm that Benidorm is indeed Gods waiting room.

Sounds like a warmer version of Eastbourne.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Enjoyable pedal in. Will be dodging showers on the way home.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,666
    seanoconn said:

Likewise. At least it was daylight on the way in as well.

Busy morning in the office, stopped for a slab of cottage pie.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,443
    seanoconn said:

Me too (in a non sexually harassed way).
    Lovely weather. Looking a little bit shitty now though. At least I'm prepared this time.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Me too (in a non sexually harassed way).
    Lovely weather. Looking a little bit shitty now though. At least I'm prepared this time.
    Prepared! Pffft, you’re going soft.
  • seanoconn
    For reference, the pfft, is a sound of disapproval, not a homosexual insult.
  • photonic69
    seanoconn said:

Haha! I thought maybe you were referring to my ED?

• photonic69
    Not that I do have ED of course.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,353
    seanoconn said:

Was the "you're going soft" the homosexual insult?
  • veronese68
    Afternoon folks,
    I also had a fairly pleasant wobble in and will be hoping to dodge showers on the way home. Not sure what this prepared business is, does expecting to get wet count as being prepared? I am soft, no 'going' about it.
    Just walked to Sainsbury's to stock up on lunches for the week, got there and realised my wallet was in my cycling jersey by my desk. Google pay is great for senile old duffers.
    Less drinking scheduled for this week, should send people a message then...
  • photonic69
    Prepared in this instance means - waterproof winter cycling boots and a waterproof jacket. Yeah, I'm not one to just 'grin and bear it' anymore.

• seanoconn

Afternoon folks,
    I also had a fairly pleasant wobble in and will be hoping to dodge showers on the way home. Not sure what this prepared business is, does expecting to get wet count as being prepared? I am soft, no 'going' about it.
    Just walked to Sainsbury's to stock up on lunches for the week, got there and realised my wallet was in my cycling jersey by my desk. Google pay is great for senile old duffers.

What’s a wallet? 🤔
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

What’s a wallet? 🤔
    Something us old duffers carry receipts and business cards they'll never use around in
  • veronese68

Prepared in this instance means - waterproof winter cycling boots and a waterproof jacket. Yeah, I'm not one to just 'grin and bear it' anymore.

I don't like full waterproofs, at just over 5 miles a windproof is enough usually. Overshoes live under my desk just in case.
    I'm not riding if there's a risk of ice this winter, I think I was limping for 3 months after my off in January. Or do I buy 26" spiked tyres for the old MTB?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Mondays chores completed. Smarty cats picked up from the vets, it’s not cheap keeping these animals going.
    Did a bit of climbing followed by some weights, now seems to getting dark already.
  • veronese68
    Dodged the rain, although I did feel a few drops. Thankfully also dodged the box van that turned left whilst I was alongside his back wheel. I may have screamed an expletive loudly enough to make him stop.
  • photonic69

Dodged the rain, although I did feel a few drops. Thankfully also dodged the box van that turned left whilst I was alongside his back wheel. I may have screamed an expletive loudly enough to make him stop.

I never undertake/go on the inside of any vehicles any more. I just pass on the outside and keep my eyes on indicators and possible roads off to the right.

• seanoconn

I never undertake/go on the inside of any vehicles any more. I just pass on the outside and keep my eyes on indicators and possible roads off to the right.
    I undertake, overtake and generally make as much of a nuisance of myself as I can. Reactions of a cat 🐈‍⬛
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,163

Me neither but when they overtake you then start turning left before they've got past there's not much else you can do.

Not that I was going to, but glad I didn't ride in. Roads flooded in several places on the way home, eventualy had to abandon and go back another way which was also flooded but passable.
    Car is not happy, EML is now on, although it made it home OK.
    It only rained for an hour, and it was only normay heavy.
  • veronese68
    edited October 2023

I never undertake/go on the inside of any vehicles any more.
    Nor do I
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

I undertake, overtake and generally make as much of a nuisance of myself as I can. Reactions of a cat 🐈‍⬛
    I ride like a cnut in traffic. Dunno what triggers it. Now that there is a 20 mph limit in town and a high street that goes downhill (in the right direction), I pass them all, all all all all*. Fcukers.

*Pity you can't twiddle with the font size anymore.

There is this hill and at the bottom of the hill, I can turn left and on to a road with a gazzillion speed bumps. The first 3 I can go over without braking and then I turn left anyway.
    With a tail wind, I can hit 30+ but you get these drivers who have to get passed you. They have to. It's imperative. If they do (I ride in the middle of the road), they will often turn left (as that is the way into the town centre), they have to slow to less than 10mph.
    Annoys the frikkin lycra off me as I have to brake hard because there is rarely room for me to overtake. Spoils my speed bump fun.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Afternoon work shizzle completed and managed to swim home on my bike somehow. BBC weatherman should be sued for blatant lies. Zero percent of rain it said when I decided to pedal, how the fark can they get it so wrong. Currently drying off.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,577
    edited October 2023
    pinno said:

*Pity you can't twiddle with the

font

size

anymore

small works a bit

or smaller or smaller or smaller or smaller or smaller