my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Extra 3 hrs if you were used to being 2 hrs ahead 😂

Run, then maybe even bikes and pub
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Needed that extra hour in bed. Slow day with maybe a trip to the shops to restock on supplies for the week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    nippybright with soggy roads, but lovely and quiet out thanks to clockwatching lazyboneses staying in bed

cafe three beckons
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    sungod said:

happy cat day to beans

That was the 8th of August but I am sure he will appreciate being worshipped.
    He left holes all over the place and presented us with a dead mole. He's a cross between a dog and a cat. A Cog, Cad, Dot or a Dat?

Out pedalling as soon as this band of rain passes through after the last bands of rain and in between a band of rain.

#gluedtoradar
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Just got back and the sun pops out. Meh.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

You must have just missed me.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks, although it's afternoon really, but the sun is too low in the sky for the time of day. Has something happened?
    Lazy bones, just not the clock watching kind. Slow start was followed by meeting the old dear and nephew for coffee and cake, then had the delights of B&Q followed by some DIY. Now that the lad has moved out were reclaiming his room.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Butcher visit before the rain came to buy short ribs, which are bubbling slowly in a bath of wine, stock, woody herbs and aromatic veg. That's for the freezer. Also a nice piece of pork belly roasting for today's dinner. Roast spuds and all the veg.

Week off has flown by. Bah.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Butcher visit before the rain came to buy short ribs, which are bubbling slowly in a bath of wine, stock, woody herbs and aromatic veg. That's for the freezer. Also a nice piece of pork belly roasting for today's dinner. Roast spuds and all the veg.

Ooh pork belly 😋 How do you cook yours? Still experimenting to get the perfect crispy skin. Too many experiments lately so need to give the arteries a rest.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Started off with a trip to an antique warehouse a mate recommended, however they late getting opened. So went for a coffee and toasted tea cake till they opened. Lots of interesting stuff and Mrs W bought a longcase clock. Apparently now’s the time to buy them as you can get good ones in the low hundreds which would have cost you thousands before covid.
    I had planned to climb but as the day perked up I went for a ride instead. Very wet and sh!tty but missed the downpour that started just as I got back.
  • beansnikpoh
    edited October 2023
    seanoconn said:

Ooh pork belly 😋 How do you cook yours? Still experimenting to get the perfect crispy skin. Too many experiments lately so need to give the arteries a rest.
    Dry skin (leave it uncovered in the fridge as long as you can), scored, good fat layer, salt. 😋
  • beansnikpoh

Evening all. No riding today. Trip to Oxford to see the lad. Car went into limp mode on hill outta town. A quick off/on of ignition and kept the diesel at 3500rpm for 20 miles seems to have been a fix. For now. Over lunch the lad said he'd been awarded an Exhibition. No idea what that was till we got home and googled it. Seems likes he's done pretty damned well to be awarded that! Prestigious dinner, scholar's gown, money and name on a plaque! Bloomin 'Ell lad. Very proud dad.

Well done son of photonic69. I didn't go, fcuked up the interview/wasn't clever enough, but a lot of friends did, and that's a big deal.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

You must have just missed me.
    Are you still in the doghouse?!