Glueing running shoes

Not sure where this should go on the forum. The back of the sole on one of my running shoes has come unstuck (they're otherwise in perfect nick). Any ideas on a particular glue that could stick them back on? I've tried to do this with other shoes in the past without any luck. Also any tips on how to do it etc. much appreciated.

Comments

• andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    I’ve used Shoe Goo glue in the past pretty successfully for running and cycling shoes. It has definitely help extend the life of shoes that have have have some parts unstick whilst I believed the shoe overall was not worn out. I recently tried other rubbery glues but they were pretty useless in comparison.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,575
    Me too. Trick to keep the surfaces as close together as possible during glueing.
  • Thanks both I'll give that a try.

Me too. Trick to keep the surfaces as close together as possible during glueing.

Why is that, and what do you mean by close?
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,575

Thanks both I'll give that a try.

Why is that, and what do you mean by close?
    Clamp it together somehow. The strength of the bond is about the surface area, not the amount of glue. For trainers the thinner the layer the better, because you need it to be flexible.
  • piker2
    piker2 Posts: 50
    Shoe glue is good but I used some 2 pack car panel adhesive on a pair of Nike shoes. They were well used when the sole bit separated half way. The repair never failed . I wore them a lot after. The heels eventually wore out.
    A useless post really. I have since retired and can't remember what the stuff was called.
  • I've had good results with Evo-stik