my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Last full day, bit overcast currently
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Mist clearing over the local landmark

Off out in a bit to visit more people then head up to Durham.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! For 'tis the Friday of the week. Gloomy cycle to work in the drizzle. Chat on the hill upwards with a new friend. Coffee and Teams meeting beckon

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Grey, nippy, Not a lot of wind.

Beans tried to chew my arm off last night, so he's really on the mend.
    Hence jungeüberkatzefrechtramp.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    Arsebiscuits! Daughter just had a nasty scrape with another car whilst out on driving practice with the wife. Off home to survey damage and dig out insurance docs. Buggeration!!!

• Stevo_666

Arsebiscuits! Daughter just had a nasty scrape with another car whilst out on driving practice with the wife. Off home to survey damage and dig out insurance docs. Buggeration!!!

Urgh, that sinking feeling. Can you blame the wife?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Made it to Durham and checked into the hotel, just waiting for the other slackers to show up for our night on the town.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    I've got to leave old Durham town,
    And the leavings gonna get me down.

Roger and out.

EPC assessment done today, lot of useful info from the chap, input into my New World Order calcs. And rationale on why some of the existing stuff works or not the way it does. Plus given me some good design ideas for the kitchen refurb. 👍 Techie to come in soon to spec up required fittings and changes. Progressing...

Been back on the trainer, weak as F but starting to get a bit more exercise oriented.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Took Smarty cat to the vets as he seems a bit thin. Apparently he need his Thyroid medication increasing but otherwise he’s ok. Then a family trip to Malton with a swing past daughter pad that’s she’s renting out. The tree she paid the letting company to get trimmed hasn’t been touched and garage door which has apparently stopped working has a large dent in it where someone has run in to it.
    Lunch was had at Sledmere house. Now chilling back home with grandson and watching Junglebook.
  • photonic69
    Stevo_666 said:

Urgh, that sinking feeling. Can you blame the wife?

Hmmmmm..... seems like it possibly was daughters fault but the other car passed her at speed as she was changing lane on approach to a roundabout. Rear of other car clipped ours as she pulled out. I'm going for 65/35 fault on this. Damage if fairly minimal luckily. After a long phone call to the lady we have agreed to get some quotes from local garages and sort it out without going down the insurance route. It's only an old Polo (ours) vs old Corsa (hers). I'll get the T-cut out tomorrow for a good assessment.
    Stiff brandy and some beers now much needed.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Went to Woolacombe, looked at the beach and the jumping surf, bumped into near neighbours and friends. Got heavily rained on, had a pasty in the car. Came back, sun came out, walked the dogs. Just popped to the pub for a pint, now cobbling together dinner from a duck breast, some cabbage and some potatoes.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Evening
    Took Smarty cat to the vets as he seems a bit thin. Apparently he need his Thyroid medication increasing but otherwise he’s ok. Then a family trip to Malton with a swing past daughter pad that’s she’s renting out. The tree she paid the letting company to get trimmed hasn’t been touched and garage door which has apparently stopped working has a large dent in it where someone has run in to it.
    Lunch was had at Sledmere house. Now chilling back home with grandson and watching Junglebook.

The Jungle book is ace. I won't spoil the ending.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Roger and out.

EPC assessment done today, lot of useful info from the chap, input into my New World Order calcs. And rationale on why some of the existing stuff works or not the way it does. Plus given me some good design ideas for the kitchen refurb. 👍 Techie to come in soon to spec up required fittings and changes. Progressing...

Been back on the trainer, weak as F but starting to get a bit more exercise oriented.

Are you knocking that wall out like wot I suggested?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Roger and out.

Are you knocking that wall out like wot I suggested?
    (This forum software continues to be shite, just tried to post a reply and all gone nowhere 🤨)

Wot I said, ignoring the Joan A me myself I.

Current thinking is take out the whole left side internal + old external wall to make a full kitchen diner. Remaining Q is the existing chimney + woodburner and the R hand wall section. More space? 👍 More access to The Views? 👍 Direct sunlight? 👍 Structural beams? 🤔

The Project continues...
  • HDs pro tip of the day - don’t come to Benidorm, it’s rubbish.

No matter what anyone says you can tell them that you heard it first hand off the internet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082

HDs pro tip of the day - don’t come to Benidorm, it’s rubbish.

No matter what anyone says you can tell them that you heard it first hand off the internet.

Go to Corfu though, it’s lots of fun - unless there is carnage at work and you spend most of the week on the phone.
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150

HDs pro tip of the day - don’t come to Benidorm, it’s rubbish.

Off-season (1st September to 30th May), Benidorm is full of retired spaniards on incredibly cheap travel packages.