how is beans?
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082

Stressed
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Beans not eaten at all. Off to vet lady today.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    pinno said:

Beans not eaten at all. Off to vet lady today.

Hope it's nothing too serious.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Dropped Mrs. 666s car off for its MOT and service, will have to wander over wander over collect this afternoon. In the meantime, normal WFH service is resumed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    We too dropped the car off at the garage. Showing something wrong with the emissions and it needs an engine system service. Now waitingfor someone to come and advise on beasties in the wall.
    Daughter dearest, grandson and dogs will be arriving later so it could get abit hectic
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Phone call 1.5h ago saying the van bringing the PV kit and installers had broken down en route, awaiting AA assistance. If only it had been an electric one...?

Hope they show up. At least the drizzle first thing has eased.

Meanwhile more admin type stuff to get done.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Slow start this morning because taxi duty required. Out for a few hours including lunch, and by the time I got home, it was mild (yay!) sunny (YAY!) but blowing a frikkin' gale. (BOO!) Tried sitting outside for a while but yeah nah. Still pretty breezy tonight.

Bike trainer ride instead in the shed. Thus endeth another day.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, usual fun and games. Missing the beautiful assistant of course. She seems to be enjoying her new job, says its very busy and quite stressful, but then she wanted more of a challenge.
    Wobble in through cool and moist air, although it didn't actually rain at least. No photographers out, but the deer are still frisky and a couple of dogs seemed suicidal. Amazing the difference in how you feel about it according to the owner's reaction. First one, no reaction at all from the owner that was coming towards me and could clearly see the dog, I brake to a complete stop so the hound can carry on across the path to the owner, no acknowledgement of my presence, I mutter under my breath and carry on. Second one, owner realises their dog is about to run in front of me although they have their back to me, tries to stop them, then apologises having failed. Again I'd almost come to a complete stop, hear the apology and tell them its no problem, carry on in a better frame of mind. I expect dogs and kids to be running around in a park, I just don't like it when the owner/parent is an ignorant twunt.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Plenty of them ^.

Beans update:

Has temperature. Got given anti-biotics and an anti-emetic.
    (Much lighter in the wallet). Have bought him extra spesh nosh and will tempt him in an hour or so when the anti-emetic has hopefully kicked in.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Get well soon beansy.

Installed in front of the stove with some of my cheap country logs burning away merrily. The storage heaters will come on overnight, which should mean a decent baseline.

Been to the supermarket, "a very good lidl" according to my mother, who seems to be a budget supermarket aficionado. A lidl is a lidl in my book.

I have all the ingredients to make a big batch of chicken fricassee tomorrow, after a stiff walk just over that way, up the hill and round a bit.
  • orraloon
    New World Order, innit. I am (for now) off grid 'leccy wise. PVs (v quick), batteries, tech boxes various and multiple, wirings et al installed. My stats now go via China to my iPad app. Yebbut, stove is on, coz cozy innit.

Busy day. Time to chill.
  • beansnikpoh
    Will your batteries give you enough leccy in the dark winter nights 'loon?
  • beansnikpoh

I have a South West facing aspect back home in London, and v open to the idea of bunging the stuff on my roof were it to be available.
  • orraloon

I have a South West facing aspect back home in London, and v open to the idea of bunging the stuff on my roof were it to be available.
    Deffo. The winter season predicted PV generation kWh exceeds by far my current average daily usage so in summer... export. However, the big Q for me is the go/no go on the ASHP. Full techie survey coming this Saturday. If the numbers work then yes I go off mains gas.

Re PVs, the sparkies were leaving this evening, I was guiding their van (they bumped it on way in) back out onto the street, neighbour's dog went bow wow hello, neighbour got chatting with sparkie re how soon could he get them as he wants some more. Answer was he could (if avoiding the funding support hop skip jump) get some installed in about 10 days time.

This is The Homeland though, might be different dahn saff.

• beansnikpoh
    I see a few houses near me with the kit. I rather expect it'll be a long delay and pricey, but I love the idea of self sufficiency. We are gas only for heating, I like the idea of an air source heat pump powered by the solar, though I think my insulation isn't really good enough.