ride cafes wfh laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,886
    Run then paddle boarding and I assume food and drinks somewhere
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,723
    Office is like the Marie Celeste today - half term exodus. Hopefully the number of annoying emails will be reduced as well. Anyhow, three day week for me as headed North later this week for a few days.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,450
    Bright start.STOP.DWS off to try curling.STOP.Beans unwell.STOP.END_OF_MESSAGE.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

Curling eh? I thought you had a bald heed. ;) Good luck though, hope it's fun doing all that sweeping.

First day of hols for me, eye test for mini, then to uniqlo for some cheapish clothes. See if we can fit the pedal assist system to the boy's bike. Then my mother arrives this afternoon.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,735
    Lily the Pink plays in background as The Scaffold(ers) get to work ahead of the solars etc getting installed tomorrow. A New World a-comin'.

Elsewise, more admin, more sorting, more stuff to get either fixed or tipped. And the sun is out again.
  • Sunning myself and trying to avoid the kids. Might have a pint soon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,587
    pinno said:

poor beans

you have to issue regular updates
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Chores completed now waiting for the mist to lift so I can go for a ride. Also listening out to see if I can hear what ever was trying to burrow through the wall in the garden room yesterday.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    How To Invoke The Wrath Of Your Doctor (Part 529).

Had a Thing excised a couple weeks back, with associated sutures. Today was appointment to have those removed and his handiwork assessed. (Thing turned out to be the usual basal cell carcinoma. Meh.)

"Why are you f^$*ing sunburnt??"

It was a nice day yesterday. I fell asleep in the sun. Soz.

Long walk this arvo because didn't feel like playing buckets and shovels with a pile of dirt in the paddock.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

You in curlers conjures up a pretty unpleasant mental image :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,363
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, managed to wobble in at least. Although there is a good chance of getting wet later. Quite a pleasant ride through the park, the big stags have been gathering their harems and are now posturing for all they're worth. The photographers with long lenses are stalking them, this often leads to some sport, haven't seen a good chase for a couple of years though.
    If Pinno's head is shiny where's he putting the curlers :o
    A VERY unpleasant mental image Stevo.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,735
    3 hours of fettling trying to recover a not-used-in-n-years bit of kit, which local small engines clinic didn't want to touch either, wasted. Should have just binned it straightaway. Pah. And it's gone cloudy grey. Double pah.

One uptick: post the cavity wall insulation going in a week ago, house seems to feel cosier on the same heating settings, equals less heat loss?
  • Stevo_666

If Pinno's head is shiny where's he putting the curlers :o
    A VERY unpleasant mental image Stevo.

:o:D
  • beansnikpoh
    Treated the car to an inside and out clean and a full tank of the good petrol. Windscreen wash too. Lucky car!
  • veronese68

Treated the car to an inside and out clean and a full tank of the good petrol. Windscreen wash too. Lucky car!

You've spoiled it now, it'll act all primadonnaish and break down on you. Give them just enough they they don't feel unloved, but never spoil them.
  • beansnikpoh
    edited October 2023

You've spoiled it now, it'll act all primadonnaish and break down on you. Give them just enough they they don't feel unloved, but never spoil them.
    😁

It'd better not break down. Daughter, aged mother and 2 dogs on our way to Porlock tomorrow morning.
  • veronese68
    Blimey, hope you've got some noise cancelling headphones 😳
    Just talk to the car nicely, and pray to the Norse gods, assuming you're in the tank.
  • pinno
    Shorty went Curling. Twits.

'DWS' ?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pinno said:

Shorty went Curling. Twits.

'DWS' ?

Deep Water Soloing.
  • pinno
    Not a bad effort but it seems that the old fuddy duddy's around here people have poor memory.
    Dodgy Wotsit Shorty.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

3 hours of fettling trying to recover a not-used-in-n-years bit of kit, which local small engines clinic didn't want to touch either, wasted. Should have just binned it straightaway. Pah. And it's gone cloudy grey. Double pah.

One uptick: post the cavity wall insulation going in a week ago, house seems to feel cosier on the same heating settings, equals less heat loss?

Does that question really need to be answered?!