ride and/or cafe stroll, wfh/do stuff, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Down the toll road today, later is a gentle run and early night
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Shyte sleep but for some reason don't feel too tired - may have to be an early one tonight. On the train into town and slightly annoyed that I'd binned the ride in on account of the forecast and now it's not even raining. That'll teach me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Same as yesterday. In work early. Snooze till minions arrive. Rinse and repeat until time to knock off early.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Mostly work with a little taxi(ing) thrown in.
    As I've now been told that the knee opp is going to be after Christmas I'm going to see a rehab chap who I know about what possible in terms of getting back into training.
    Gym on the way home from that.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Wet. Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    Very unpleasant ride to work today. Being tired didn't help, and I dread the commute back home this evening, with the forecast saying it'll be properly wet.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    drhaggis said:

Very unpleasant ride to work today. Being tired didn't help, and I dread the commute back home this evening, with the forecast saying it'll be properly wet.

But you can console yourself with being tougher than the rest of us softies, running for the car at the slightest hint of rain.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno

• pinno
    drhaggis said:

Rub yourself down with petroleum jelly.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Mrs B³, mini and MiL all went off to the airport this morning to fly to Jersey for a couple of days. Panicked call 20 mins before take off saying they won't board mini, as she has no photo id...They got bumped onto the next flight, but muggins here had to drive a passport to Heathrow.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128

Mrs B³, mini and MiL all went off to the airport this morning to fly to Jersey for a couple of days. Panicked call 20 mins before take off saying they won't board mini, as she has no photo id...They got bumped onto the next flight, but muggins here had to drive a passport to Heathrow.

yeah, ba started requiring id for domestic flights 1st september

they communicated this with their usual flair, though they eventually started emailing notifications for upcoming flights

see...

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/passports-visas-and-api#

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    sungod said:

yeah, ba started requiring id for domestic flights 1st september

they communicated this with their usual flair, though they eventually started emailing notifications for upcoming flights

see...

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/passports-visas-and-api#

That'll be the problem, they went twice last year and didn't need anything. Oh well. No harm done, but I expect my MiL gave the flounge bubbly a good battering, seeing as they were in there for about 6 hours in the end, what with delays.
  • FFS ryanair have just cancelled our flight (tomorrow) to Malpensa due to Italian ground staff strikes.
    Has anyone got a spare bed or four in Corfu?

And no SG, flying BA business wouldn't have helped as it's the fucking ground staff who are on strike. I wouldn't mind but we're only taking 10kg cases so dont need the fucking turds anyway.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1

FFS ryanair have just cancelled our flight (tomorrow) to Malpensa due to Italian ground staff strikes.
    Has anyone got a spare bed or four in Corfu?

And no SG, flying BA business wouldn't have helped as it's the censored ground staff who are on strike. I wouldn't mind but we're only taking 10kg cases so dont need the censored turds anyway.

Aahhhh man that’s pants

Still a couple of bedrooms spare in Corfu
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Bathroom cleaned and a weary climbing session done. This evening was visiting Mrs W mum in hospital, she’s picked up from yesterday but is now on oxygen but things seem to be deteriorating rapidly.
  • tlw1
    webboo said:

Evening
    Bathroom cleaned and a weary climbing session done. This evening was visiting Mrs W mum in hospital, she’s picked up from yesterday but is now on oxygen but things seem to be deteriorating rapidly.

😢
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    pinno said:

drhaggis said:

Somehow, reality ended up being much better (less bad?) than forecast, so hardly got wet and it felt definitely less windy than the morning. Across central Edinburgh, mind you! Just nort or east from here has been quite a bit worse...
  • pinno
    edited October 2023
    drhaggis said:

pinno said:

drhaggis said:

Somehow, reality ended up being much better (less bad?) than forecast, so hardly got wet and it felt definitely less windy than the morning. Across central Edinburgh, mind you! Just nort or east from here has been quite a bit worse...
    I see they have been evacuating people out of Brechin. They should have evacuated years ago.
    Not too bad here, just wet. Sun popped out for 5 mins.
  • pinno

Mostly work with a little taxi(ing) thrown in.
    As I've now been told that the knee opp is going to be after Christmas I'm going to see a rehab chap who I know about what possible in terms of getting back into training.
    Gym on the way home from that.

Cross fingers.