'ning

even nippier

ride cafes laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

Looks scorchio outside but absolutely isn't.

Gym then who knows what lies in store.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Lovely bright start. See mini and Mrs off, then a walk. Top drawer lazing, then more egg chasing.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Heap big plenty brrr.
    Was windless but now it's picking up. What are my chances...

'Egg chasing'?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Fire is going on today.
    Might take rent-a-dog for a long walk over the tops
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Heap big plenty brrr.
    Was windless but now it's picking up. What are my chances...

'Egg chasing'?

Watching the rugby.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Frost on the cars here. Plan is to go for a ride and test new winter top, then pick up Mrs W from her mums who is much improved today. It would seem the medication steroids led to no appetite and sleep deprivation thus confusion and these things always happen on a weekend when there is no one to speak to.
    The question is to I go out now at 4.8 degrees or wait till it gets to the forecasted 7.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Had one of those weird dreams that you thought was real until you wake up properly and think 'nah that's bollox'. Bit chilly this morning but nice and sunny so good riding weather for this afternoon. Hounds are snoozing and I have a large coffee in front of me so all is good at the moment.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Hungry and the butchers is closed. Feel like holding my breath until I get what I want. Entirely beans’s fault.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    edited October 2023
    Missus trekking to Balham to vote in Polish elections. Current Polish government a bit poop. I was going to take her but she’s a bit grumpy this morning so I said ok when she did the usual “I don’t mind going by myself” bit.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Overnight temp hit the magic zero marker, clear and sunny now and the crystal stuff is disappearing. Will get my arris outside once properly woken up. More coffee matron. Stuff To Do.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Hungry and the butchers is closed. Feel like holding my breath until I get what I want. Entirely beans’s fault.

Butcher is open in Wimbledon village. I'm just about to walk up there to get some bits and pieces. Hoping they have cheap chicken carcasses for stock, but also getting some bavette to have with spinach today, a nice thick pork chop to braise with fennel, onions, mustard, cider (finish with a splash of cream) and some bangers. Should keep me going. Autumn and winter bring out the cook in me.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Definitely a nip in the air, looks nice out though. Might put all my clotheses on and go for a stagger if I can muster the energy. Still feeling remarkably run down, I am rubbish at being ill.
    Strange seeing the lad's room empty, the EPO had been talking about what she could do with the room once he'd gone, now she's rather discombobulated and doesn't know what to do.
    More coffee first methinks
  • beansnikpoh

Afternoon folks,
    Definitely a nip in the air, looks nice out though. Might put all my clotheses on and go for a stagger if I can muster the energy. Still feeling remarkably run down, I am rubbish at being ill.
    Strange seeing the lad's room empty, the EPO had been talking about what she could do with the room once he'd gone, now she's rather discombobulated and doesn't know what to do.

Has he moved out fully now?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Yet another day of shite weather, showery windy and cool. Did a few odds and ends, then a drive out to drop off one table and collect another. Oh the excitement...

Lunch tomorrow at local winery should at least be a change of routine. Don't do much drinking middle of the day these days...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68

Afternoon folks,

Yes, 6 of them in a rented house in Vauxhall. Not a bad place and only a 5 minute walk to work. Near 9 Elms and all of that development, nice pub on the corner. Everything a young person needs.
  • beansnikpoh

Afternoon folks,

Yes, 6 of them in a rented house in Vauxhall. Not a bad place and only a 5 minute walk to work. Near 9 Elms and all of that development, nice pub on the corner. Everything a young person needs.
    Nice, great being young in London. Not too far to pop home either though.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    A'noon.
    Fab day here. Rather nippy but bright as a summers day. Went to watch the better half rum the Half Marathon. Took a comfy folding chair and a flask of coffee and sat in the sun watching sweaty, grimacing people trot by thinking to myself "I'm glad I chose cycling".

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Warming sunshine. Done a bit of garden fettling, bulb planting, etc. Still way way weak and low energy post that 4 week period of the mega dose antibios. Minimal appetite. Seems going to take me some time to return to somewhere near normal. I'm missing the bike rides 🙁

Ok stop feeling sorry for yourself... have a coffee, or a glass of summat...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605

Afternoon folks,

Nice one, but must feel a bit strange with him not being there. I have a feeling junior will do a boomerang job after she finishes uni the year after next.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    It's a little odd in that this one feels more final. Normally his room doesn't get cleared like this. But he's not far and we'll still see him regularly enough. Lots of his mates are this way so he's probably going to end up crashing here regularly enough.
    Female child will be back after the end of this year at uni, can't see her moving out for a long time yet.
  • beansnikpoh
    Kids these days eh? Liking their parents. I lived in all sorts of mould infested dumps to get away from home. Mind you, I bought my first house in Cov in 1998 for much much less than I paid for a loft conversion in London in 2014.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089

Yet another day of shite weather, showery windy and cool. Did a few odds and ends, then a drive out to drop off one table and collect another. Oh the excitement...

Lunch tomorrow at local winery should at least be a change of routine. Don't do much drinking middle of the day these days...

What could poss... did go wrong?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    pinno said:

What could poss... did go wrong?
    Actually passed without incident. Decent food, nice wine, good chat.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS