friday i watched with glee

'ning

rather soggy, still mild

cafe stroll, wfh, stuff, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Soggy out, might skip the run and just walk.

Work snizzle and then off to Liverpool for the night to take the eldest out for dinner and a few drinks
  • Moaning,

Dry right now but rain approaching and strong winds from SW

WAFH today has been cancelled (by customer) as too dangerous. So off back northwards after brekies
    You never know I might get a hour’s ride in tonight before the pub n darts :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning gros loups-garous renoncules

Will tinker on Porker for final time I hope maybe, could be, before MOT.
    (Unless it chucks another curve ball at me).
    I could total at least 20 months of waiting in the past 3 years: waiting for parts to come from distant lands or slow vendors* or worse slow vendors in distant lands**, waiting for welder bloke (twice). Meh, grr.

*Why tf can't they dispatch within a reasonable time?! 90% of Porker breakers have their own time scale.
    **ABS pump from calif orn I A (which was 10x better than what I sourced int he UK) arrived quicker than parts from Partwerks.de 'cos of frikking customs. 8 fcuking weeks. Frikkin brexit. 8 weeks?!?! W@nkers.

£1700 + vat for a rear calliper (are you fcuking joking Porsche?)... or a really rough one... then refurbish rough one... wait for refurbish kit + new piston... and wait and wait... and order 4 new bleed nipples from Dingbro a well known parts supplier but they send 2 of one type and 2 of a another ?!?!. "...one is in Fife and one is in Aberdeenshire". 'Do you want me to go pick the frikkin things up myself?'. They are only bleed nipples. Pop them in the post 'cos this van pickup/delivery wotsit is not working.
    Gauze in fluid reservoir not looking good. Find replacement. It's filthy. Fcuking filthy and not a lot better than what I have...

Moan whinge, moan whinge etc.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    pinno said:

I could total at least 20 months of waiting in the past 3 years: waiting for parts to come from distant lands or slow vendors* or worse slow vendors in distant lands**, waiting for welder bloke (twice). Meh, grr.

*Why tf can't they dispatch within a reasonable time?! 90% of Porker breakers have their own time scale.
    **ABS pump from calif orn I A (which was 10x better than what I sourced int he UK) arrived quicker than parts from Partwerks.de 'cos of frikking customs. 8 fcuking weeks. Frikkin brexit. 8 weeks?!?! W@nkers.

£1700 + vat for a rear calliper (are you fcuking joking Porsche?)... or a really rough one... then refurbish rough one... wait for refurbish kit + new piston... and wait and wait... and order 4 new bleed nipples from Dingbro a well known parts supplier but they send 2 of one type and 2 of a another ?!?!. "...one is in Fife and one is in Aberdeenshire". 'Do you want me to go pick the frikkin things up myself?'. They are only bleed nipples. Pop them in the post 'cos this van pickup/delivery wotsit is not working.
    Gauze in fluid reservoir not looking good. Find replacement. It's filthy. Fcuking filthy and not a lot better than what I have...

Have you tried BiggRed for caliper refurbishment/parts? I've used them a couple of times int he past. Seem like a decent outfit.

https://www.biggred.co.uk/remanufacture

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Does seem to be taking a while and has put me off ever owning a vintage car.

And oi! No mention of the weather in your post. How am I supposed to plan my day if no one mentions the weather?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    It's gopping outside but I'm busy busy so not too bothered. As long as it dries up over the weekend that'll be fine. Looking forward to getting past today's pile of stuff and chilling.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Blood donating this afternoon which is always fun.
    Might finish watching the Beckham series on Netflix later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Blood donating this afternoon which is always fun.
    Might finish watching the Beckham series on Netflix later.

Been wanting to watch it. Wife not interested and kids too young to have much interest in Beckham. Supposed to be a decent watch.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • It is, he comes across as quite a decent guy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day of WFH and fending off stupid. Todays favourite was the response to my 3rd email explaining why they were wrong that they hadn't read to the end of my initial response. It was only 2 short sentences FFS! I didn't even use big words.
    Weather looks miserable out so quite glad I'm not going anywhere. Old dear popped round because her car was making a strange noise but it wasn't a tyre, and there was a new light on the dash. Tyre pressure sensor warning and a big screw in a tyre. Another thing for me to get sorted.
    I can't give blood any more unfortunately, the lad makes sure he always does which is good.
    Brake calipers are not that complicated, the machined bits are the pistons and pins if a sliding caliper. The main housing can be pretty rough and they can still be fixed up. Although we once had one come in to be recon'd that was completely cattled, the wheel bearings were so knackered on this car the brake disc had ground away at the caliper body until it got to the fluid channel. Then the driver would have lost his brakes. How much noise was that making and how did he not notice before losing his brakes? We are indeed surrounded by idiots.
    Not much interest in watching the Beckham thing, alhough i did see a funny clip where he tells his EPO to tell the truth.
    No pub for me tonight unfortunately :(
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    It’s a bit grim here. So I’ve done very little other than go to shop with Mrs W. When did wine become so expensive, at this rate I might have start drinking Bulgarian cooking sherry.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197

It is, he comes across as quite a decent guy.

I watched episode 1 when staying over at #1 Daughter's, I now don't have access to a (shared 😉) nflix account. I kept going 'Scripted!'. E.g. the scene where Posh is claiming to be working class and DB pokes his head through the door asking 'what car did your dad drive you to school in?'. Like that wasn't scripted...

Lots of admin progressed with. Now in transit from 'kin administratively useless SO Energy, inherited when bought The Project last year, to Octopus, getting positioned to go to their Flux tariff once the PVs and battery get fitted. And their std Flex daily standing charges are less than currently getting shelled for. Green power, raise your clenched fist.

• photonic69
    Hmmm...a couple of Tramadol and waaaaaay to much strong coffee from my large Moka Stove Top pot have left me feeling most peculiar. Maybe an Ineos training ride later?

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197

Hmmm...a couple of Tramadol and waaaaaay to much strong coffee from my large Moka Stove Top pot have left me feeling most peculiar. Maybe an Ineos training ride later?

Pffft, that's so last decade. Should be 'maybe a Jumbo-Visma training ride later?'
  • pinno
    edited October 2023
    I refurbished the callipers myself.
    That wasn't the issue. Crack in the housing for the bleed nipple, rear left.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

And oi! No mention of the weather in your post. How am I supposed to plan my day if no one mentions the weather?
    Classic, not vintage. It's not as old as Stevo.
    Generally speaking: vintage has a chassis, classic has a monocoque shell.
  • webboo
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

So should we be referring to folk on here either as Chassis or Monocoque.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What a good idea.

• photonic69
    webboo said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Or Brokencoque?

• webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What a good idea.

Or would could just say what we think 🐷🦧🐏🦨 or🐓
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

There's a can of worms 🤣
    Pre-war, post-war? First or Second WW? Veteran, Vintage or Classic? One of the more tedious topics old car buffs get into.
    Is my old Italian road bike vintage or classic? Who gives a fook, I ride it when I feel like it and the sun is shining.