friday secreting three-score barrels of powder below

'ning

not too nippy, warming up again

ride, cafes, perhaps a smidge of wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Walk hounds, work snizzle, pack kit for tomorrow then gentle swim and last bbq of the year at the club followed by cider 😎
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning cornichons diplômé

Quite calm here at the moment before deluge ii the sequel.
    Tomorrow will be warm so they say - warm rain I can put up with so I shall have a real, actual outdoor pedal.
    Now search Wiggle for waders with cleats.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited October 2023
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

Now search Wiggle for waders with cleats.

I think that's one for Dragon's Den
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Morning.
    Car-muting again. Traffic meh.
    Friday full of weird fish-heads. No, seriously!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Good sleep after yesterday's pedalling. Working in the cave again with not too many meetings thankfully but a few things to do.

Workmen at one of the neighbours have arrived to start taking out the rest of the holly trees before they build their wall so we're having a word to make sure they don't do anything daft as they need to access our side.

Mrs. 666's house guest is still here but thankfully leaving tomorrow when she reaches the three day tolerance limit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

...to make sure they don't do anything daft as they need to access our side.

Rinse, repeat...

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    WFH so a little more time to attend to important things, like posting in the am to confuse Pinno. Had a neigbour knock on the door earlier as some thieving scrotes had tried to break into his Asgard last night. They'd managed to do a fair bit of damage but not actually got into it. The little shits would have been disappointed if they'd got in as his bike has been replaced by a couple of buggies and kids toys.
    Found them on my CCTV and they hadn't put their masks on until after they'd passed mine which is good.
    EPO is out with her book club tonight, I may visit a local hostelry.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Rinse, repeat...

It was more about making sure they don't use the stump grinder on a couple of stumps near one of our big trees I'm case they damage the roots. They'll be digging them out instead.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Rinse, repeat...

It was more about making sure they don't use the stump grinder on a couple of stumps near one of our big trees I'm case they damage the roots. They'll be digging them out instead.

Time-Team, Tony Robinson tiny trowel style or JCB and a pickaxe style?

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Rinse, repeat...

Time-Team, Tony Robinson tiny trowel style or JCB and a pickaxe style?
    Shovels probably. Can't get a JCB into their garden.
  • Ah'tnoon gents.

Carry on crippling for me today. Finishing soon though and off home to some painting and electrical wizardry.

Feeling a beit under the weather today, daughter came round last night with rent-a-dog and a bottle of wine. I was happy to see the dog...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Mixed bag of weather here. This morning was clearing the mother in laws loft, she’s got stage 4 bowel cancer and doesn’t want to leave things for othered to sort out after she’s gone. Took a car full of stuff to the tip and then managed to motivate myself to do a bit of climbing.
    House feels bit empty with only one 🐈‍⬛
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Afternoon
    Mixed bag of weather here. This morning was clearing the mother in laws loft, she’s got stage 4 bowel cancer and doesn’t want to leave things for othered to sort out after she’s gone. Took a car full of stuff to the tip and then managed to motivate myself to do a bit of climbing.
    House feels bit empty with only one 🐈‍⬛

Get another.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cats/tabby-kitten-/1467101864

Isn't he gorgeous?

https://www.gumtree.com/pets/pets-for-sale/cats/uk/srpsearch+yorkshire
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited October 2023