Ouch!

I watch 'Ambulance', last night on BBC1.

It's quite a good program (well, I think so) as it shows you the massive number of calls that come in to the dispatchers through 999 and what they and the ambulance crews have to put up with.

They got a call from a chap who'd been in an accident where the van he'd been driving had left the road and the person who was in the passenger seat was in a bad way. He actually said something along the lines of "his balls are hanging out".

I can't work out how he'd done this on his journey through the windscreen(?), but apparently they were! The impact had also "degloved" his penis, which means he'd removed the all skin from it. So yes, a fairly nasty accident for the passenger because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.

It made me think though, that if they showed a portion of this as a 'public information' film, there would be a LOT less people, certainly males, driving without seat belts.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    The wife watches it but only turned on at the end of that guy getting taken to hospital so didn’t get all the gory details. I was still wincing and crossing my legs though.

The programme itself depresses the shit out of me when you see how much time they are wasting because there’s no other agencies to deal with mental health crises / substance abuse or even pure loneliness.