gloomymild

ride cafes wfh laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    edited September 2023
    Morning Jus de réglisse,

No sight of Agnes yet. Strapped the trampoline to the tree, gaffer taped Beans down and brought all the pot plants in.
    T'was supposed to hit at 3am but I guess they got their modelling wrong.

Today chores.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Dropped car off at the garage and had a gentle run back.

Work snizzle and then run to pick up the car and then running with a few friends
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Managed a cheeky ride last night before sundown, looks like the batteries on those electronic shifters run out sooner than advertised as the rear one died on me a mile from home so had to go back and get the spare bike.

Cave working again, lots to do and some stupidity to deal with.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice after a reasonable wobble in. Today is my Friday which is a very good thing, got Monday off as well so I'm very much a see you next Tuesday.
    Must admit i have no desire for electric shifters. Don't find cables that much hassle, replace on occasion and the odd tweak. Noticed my 10 year old front mech outer plate was bent the other day, it was downshifting badly and hitting the crank. Straightened it with a pair of pliers which probably took all of a minute. Looked online for a replacement and I can get an Ultegra one for £30 from Merlin. The electric alternative was 5 times the price.
    Might skip the pub tonight as I need to go and see the old dear and then I've got an early start at Gatwick in the morning.
  • In work gear for the second day in a row but can finally see some light...
    Unfortunately when I get hone I might as well stay in my scruffs as we're decorating. Oh joy...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    Stevo_666 said:

Managed a cheeky ride last night before sundown, looks like the batteries on those electronic shifters run out sooner than advertised as the rear one died on me a mile from home so had to go back and get the spare bike.

which ones?

i changed the ones in my sram etap after 5 years, they were still working but one shifter was giving a low battery warning when tested, haven't checked since then
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice after a reasonable wobble in. Today is my Friday which is a very good thing, got Monday off as well so I'm very much a see you next Tuesday.
    Must admit i have no desire for electric shifters. Don't find cables that much hassle, replace on occasion and the odd tweak. Noticed my 10 year old front mech outer plate was bent the other day, it was downshifting badly and hitting the crank. Straightened it with a pair of pliers which probably took all of a minute. Looked online for a replacement and I can get an Ultegra one for £30 from Merlin. The electric alternative was 5 times the price.
    Might skip the pub tonight as I need to go and see the old dear and then I've got an early start at Gatwick in the morning.

Where you off to then?

Electronic shifters are great as long as you remember to charge them. Doh!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Agnes is a bit meh so far. Supposed to go 50mph gusty this evening but it's almost flat calm just now. And what heavy rain? I have fired up a stove just for cosiness.

Doing more admin Stuff. Looks like will get cavity wall insulation in place before proper winter arrives. 🤞
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

Where you off to then?

Electronic shifters are great as long as you remember to charge them. Doh!
    5 days in Ventimiglia, just over the border from Nice. Staying in my aunt's flat so a nice cheap weekend away, or it will be until we buy a drink in Monaco.
    I can fix bikes, but remembering stuff 😂 so cables for me
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

which ones?

i changed the ones in my sram etap after 5 years, they were still working but one shifter was giving a low battery warning when tested, haven't checked since then
    SRAM Rival AXS. From memory said it was good for about 60 hours in the advertising blurb.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Out with the Gerries 100 miler in to deepest darkest Lincolnshire with a lunch stop at the cheapest cafe going and blow home by Agnes. Managed to get home before it rained.