'ning

mildybright

ride cafes wfh early laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning les empoisonneurs

It's windy grey. A bit soggy yesterday but not nearly as bad as 'Loon made out.
    Shopping, chores and a bit of work is the order of the day.

Damn strikes start the morra so it's just 2 school days this week. Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Sun streaming through the windows here however it’s rather windy. So it will be do a bit of cleaning then some climbing.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Meh, good pub last night has took some of the Monday joy out of it.

Long walk with hounds, mostly in the dark 🙄

Later is a run and potentially a swim
  • Managed an hour on the bike this morning and now back to the usual seated position.
    Might go for a stroll later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    cafe stroll going well, excellent lentil soup with chilli flakes and crusty bread, next big decision is whether to have another coffee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Still bl00dy dark when I woke up - not good. Had a busy morning on the hamster wheel in the office - stopped for an early lunch to fuel up for the afternoons meetings so have 800g of cottage pie heating up in the microwave :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

Binmen on strike here again because they only got a 9.4% pay rise this year.
    Stevo_666 said:

Still bl00dy dark when I woke up - not good.

Ditto. Wasn't even cloudy this morning either.

Still battling some non covid lurgy but seems to be getting slightly better.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Send the teachers a bill for gong away in term time. It's what they'd do if you took the kids away on hols while school is still on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

9.4% and still not happy?!
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Send the teachers a bill for gong away in term time. It's what they'd do if you took the kids away on hols while school is still on.
    They could have opened the Learning Dept. for Tricky as none of those are striking but there was a lack of assistants... which by law meant they couldn't,
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2023
    Now seen the reason why the top end of Tottenham Court Road was taped off and teeming with the Old Bill and ambulances when I came out of Warren Street tube this morning:
    https://standard.co.uk/news/crime/teen-dies-moped-crash-met-police-pursuit-tottenham-court-road-euston-warren-street-iopc-b1109281.html
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

I know, but I suppose 9.4% of minimum wage is only about £150/month before tax?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

I know, but I suppose 9.4% of minimum wage is only about £150/month before tax?
    Are they on minimum wage though?
  • pinno
    My thought exactly but I don't get a 9.4% pay rise and this ain't Cake Stop.