IT help please?

I would like to transfer names and addresses to Access.
From Access, I would like to be able to autofill an invoice, complete the invoice and then that Invoice is sent by email.
I can work the access but don't know how I would merge Access and creating the invoice.

Cheers.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    building a diy invoicing system?

might be better looking at a service...

a quick google says zoho is popular and well regarded... https://www.zoho.com/uk/invoice/
    ...not used it, but it looks interesting, and is free

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Not answering your question as requested, Pinno, but I use Google Sheets with G Mass to do exactly that. It's dead easy, and G Mass is free for up to 50 emails a day.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Okay, cheers guys. I shall look into them.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,537
    edited September 2023
    pinno said:

Gizza shout if you want a generic template in Google Sheets that you can see how I do it - I create my invoices direct into Gmail via template emails that include the fields from the Google Sheet, and for each line on the sheet it creates an individualised invoice email (not an attachment) and sends to the email address on the same line.

I used something quite nifty before that (forget its name)* that created and attached pdf invoices, but it got pricey after the first 300 freebies, and I'm a tightwad.

*EDIT - it was G Merge Plus. Think it was actually only about £80 a year, but not worth the added functionality for the relatively few number of invoices I send.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089

pinno said:

Gizza shout if you want a generic template in Google Sheets that you can see how I do it - I create my invoices direct into Gmail via template emails that include the fields from the Google Sheet, and for each line on the sheet it creates an individualised invoice email (not an attachment) and sends to the email address on the same line.

I used something quite nifty before that (forget its name)* that created and attached pdf invoices, but it got pricey after the first 300 freebies, and I'm a tightwad.

*EDIT - it was G Merge Plus. Think it was actually only about £80 a year, but not worth the added functionality for the relatively few number of invoices I send.
    Yes I would like that please. Thank you.
  • pinno said:

pinno said:

Yes I would like that please. Thank you.

Will PM tomorrow.