friday is not really there

'ning

nippybright

ride cafes wfh laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,

nippy dry

It’s Friday! WFW today. Meeting at work (a real one not zoom) at some point. Chips will be had hopefully around dinnertime. Beers later.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning extraits de cornichon

Breezy, dull.

How's that eye @orraloon ?
    How's that wife of yours @Webboo ?
    How's that wife of yours @tlw1 ?
    How's that wife of yours @seanoconn ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    😂 Pinno - picked her up after my run and swim last night as she was out in town, then ran and picked her car up this morning, she is happy and remember not all hero’s wear a cape.

Work snizzle with far to many meetings then either a run or swim followed by booze
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Mrs W is fine as it’s her weekend and the sun is shining. She’s cut my hair and trimmed my beard and even examined my cranks.
    It would appear my 2016 Dura ace 9100 is one of the ones that they are recalling in North America. Do I continue to use it given the levels of power I generate🤣🤣🤣
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    pinno said:

How's that eye @orraloon ?

Static, no worse no better. Will get an extract the debris procedure, but when? Could go private at £nk I guess but, have the met the surgeon who will do it and he seems a good guy.

Meanwhile, learn to cope. Had a field of vision test which seems ok, but have to learn to turn head to check and see things, e.g. banged head hard this week due to monocular vision.

Today is dry enough to carry on with hedge trimming, garden bed prepping et al. (Typing that will no doubt bring back the watery stuff...)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    webboo said:

It would appear my 2016 Dura ace 9100 is one of the ones that they are recalling in North America. Do I continue to use it given the levels of power I generate🤣🤣🤣

Depends if you need to ride it there to get it replaced under warranty?
  • pinno
    Meanwhile it's world Rhino day.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Another busy morning - not good for a Friday.

Just waved junior who is driving up to The Wirral for her new uni term starting on Monday, not helped by her recent diagnosis of an auto-immune condition. Mrs. 666 has gone with her to help/support and will get back on the train tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Stevo_666 said:

Another busy morning - not good for a Friday.

Just waved junior who is driving up to The Wirral for her new uni term starting on Monday, not helped by her recent diagnosis of an auto-immune condition. Mrs. 666 has gone with her to help/support and will get back on the train tonight.

😢 re diagnosis
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    An unexpected day of WFH which is a bonus, been sorting out a few bits and sorting things for taking the female child back to uni tomorrow. Beautiful assistant's leaving do tonight, so might get the EPO to drive tomorrow.
    Hope it's manageable for stropyoof Stevo.
    Pinno, if you're going to enquire after TLW's wife you should confirm you mean the cuurent one.
    Rain was forecast for this afternoon, but it's still sunny. I expect the precipitation is waiting for me to head out later.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Quick site meeting this morning which included a hair net, back in work for a bit and then chopped some kindling for the wood burners.

Made up both of said burners so all good to go depending on which room we use
    later as winter is coming... Cue big coat posts from the southern contingent.

Sex bath later.

Hopeful of a spin tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Thanks both - it's called Hashimoto's disease and apparently isn't curable but is treatable/manageable. Basically your immune system attacks your thyroid. Total b***er of a thing to pick up so young :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Thanks both - it's called Hashimoto's disease and apparently isn't curable but is treatable/manageable. Basically your immune system attacks your thyroid. Total b***er of a thing to pick up so young :(

Glad they've worked out what it is and it's manageable, still a worry of course. A friend's daughter of similar age has rheumatoid arthiritis, which is also caused by the immune system, so I'm glad it's not that.
  • pinno

Afternoon folks,
    An unexpected day of WFH which is a bonus, been sorting out a few bits and sorting things for taking the female child back to uni tomorrow. Beautiful assistant's leaving do tonight, so might get the EPO to drive tomorrow.
    Hope it's manageable for stropyoof Stevo.
    Pinno, if you're going to enquire after TLW's wife you should confirm you mean the cuurent one.
    Rain was forecast for this afternoon, but it's still sunny. I expect the precipitation is waiting for me to head out later.
    Onwards and upwards...

It was merely curiosity since she has started actual real working.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

I take HRT for underactive thyroid and it's quite manageable.
    It doesn't stop me pedalling and the condition shouldn't make you balloon putting on weight if you eat sensibly (that's the common misconception).
    The funny thing is, I couldn't find diddley squat on BR regarding diets for inactive/underactive thyroid. I found the right advice on a Triathlon site.
    Surprising how many pro athletes have under or over active thyroid glands.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

It doesn't stop me pedalling and the condition shouldn't make you balloon putting on weight if you eat sensibly (that's the common misconception).
    The funny thing is, I couldn't find diddley squat on BR regarding diets for inactive/underactive thyroid. I found the right advice on a Triathlon site.
    Thanks - she already seems clued up about the diet stuff and the hormone treatment. Hopefully she can manage to eat OK while she's away.
  • veronese68
    I would think doing veterinary would be a good thing, she'll be better able to see how it works from a scientific point of view rather than believing mumbo jumbo from some fool with a YouTube account.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Thanks - she already seems clued up about the diet stuff and the hormone treatment. Hopefully she can manage to eat OK while she's away.
    She will have to manage food intake - not too long between meals (or healthy snacks) and it will take time to adjust HRT levels as (I presume) the condition will mean that the HRT levels may vary. If she gets HRT, it's best to take the pills first thing in the morning. It can cause palpitations initially (they can be quite disconcerting but you get used to it and I don't get them anymore) and a slightly raised heart rate (which is also transient) so may interfere with sleep.
    Apart from that, HRT like Levothyroxine can be taken indefinitely and for the majority, (as long as the levels are correct) doesn't have noticeable side effects.
    After sorting my diet out and HRT levels,, I lead a pretty normal life.
    Hypothyroidism without HRT can cause depression and weight gain. She may feel a whole lot better once on HRT.

...and you can still drink :smiley:
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

She will have to manage food intake - not too long between meals (or healthy snacks) and it will take time to adjust HRT levels as (I presume) the condition will mean that the HRT levels may vary. If she gets HRT, it's best to take the pills first thing in the morning. It can cause palpitations initially (they can be quite disconcerting but you get used to it and I don't get them anymore) and a slightly raised heart rate (which is also transient) so may interfere with sleep.
    Apart from that, HRT like Levothyroxine can be taken indefinitely and for the majority, (as long as the levels are correct) doesn't have noticeable side effects.
    After sorting my diet out and HRT levels,, I lead a pretty normal life.
    Hypothyroidism without HRT can cause depression and weight gain. She may feel a whole lot better once on HRT.

...and you can still drink :smiley:
    Ta - early days yet and it seems to be a relatively mild case but you never know if/when it will get worse. Best thing is that its been diagnosed an we know what we're dealing with: hopefully it won't have too much effect as you say as her vet course is pretty full on.

She's not a big drinker but there'll less going on now that they're out in the rural end of The Wirral for the last 2 years of the course.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2023

I would think doing veterinary would be a good thing, she'll be better able to see how it works from a scientific point of view rather than believing mumbo jumbo from some fool with a YouTube account.

It's definitely a good thing that she understands it properly. Fingers crossed she can lead a fairly normal life, though the diet stuff will be a bit of a pain to stick to as a student.